The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Sick MKIV

oxygene

Yeah, they have been very good

And I know ive prolly been a pain in the ass to them phoning up and stuff, its just im prolly gonna spend in the region of £600-£800 on car rental during the time they have got the car. Let alone the money I have so far spent on parts, plus then what im gonna be charged for labour.

Its all mounting up....i thin by teh time im finished, we are gonna be talking over £4250 for everything, car rental included....

Its a bit of a head 4k right now!!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by oxygene

Me on the other hand, my supra is the ony car I own and I use it everyday for getting to work etc. So for me, them having my car in for repair is a real PITA and I want ethcar back as soon as possible

^^ I know exactly how you feel mate as my car has just spent 6 weeks in the garage having the turbos reconditioned. If I did have another car I probably wouldn't have been as bothered.

Everytime I rang them I felt kinda guilty, and like I was being a right PITA for them, but at the end of the day you are the customer and you are paying good money.

Also remember that the squeeky wheel gets most attention.! ;)

Good luck dude,

Rob.

PS.. My turbos were done by Turbo Dynamics also and they seemed to be very knowledgable and had no problems answering questions etc.. :thumbs:

I have just spoken to Enterprise car rental, if I rent a car from them until the 5th jan, I would have had the car for 28 days.

Total cost: £887.97

If you then add £520 for parts frpom Toyota, plus £1370 HG removal, plus £1633 TC recon etc.

Grand Total: £4410.97

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I cant cope with this....

Firstly I would like to know what their doing reading the BBS when they should be working, seeing as they have told you that the're obviously busy at the moment, hence you cant have your car until the new year....

And secondly if you were sat at home reading a book that some mad old mechanic had written, and then you had questions off the back of that which relates to work being done on your car at the moment, would they tell you to stop reading that book, because its causing you to ask questions, which may undermine their workmanship......Im sory but thats what life is all about, knowledge, as I bet you know twice more now, or are at least twice as much aware of things.....

But hey, chin up and good luck.....

:D

I have just spoken to Enterprise car rental, if I rent a car from them until the 5th jan, I would have had the car for 28 days.

If you then add £520 for parts frpom Toyota, plus £1370 HG removal, plus £1633 TC recon etc.

I allways try and give my customers a free loan car , especially with big jobs like this ................... Sorry :(

Dude:flame Dev

I got a good deal off e-sixt (used to be kennings) for the car hire - My Supra was off the road for three months last time, it sure makes a big difference to the overall costs.

Welcome to our newest member, 'abbey m/s'

Oh right so they have now joined us, so if I say anything nasty about them (which I havent so far) they can see it for themselves.....aint that nice.....

To anyone from Abbey who reads this: I am not and never have said anything bad about your company/professionalism/workmanship, I JUST WANT MY CAR BACK ON THE ROAD!!! please do not hold up the work on my car due to anything you may read on here and mis-understand.

I allways try and give my customers a free loan car , especially with big jobs like this ................... Sorry

To give Abbey their dues, they did try and organise a courtesy car for me, unfortunately it was a manual and I cant drive manuals due to a screwed up left foot, but I did thank them for their efforts

Come on Abbey Motorsport do a good job on Ash's car (I'm sure you will) Ash has been reccomending you so hope you live up to the name, its not an easy job but hey think of all us future customers if ya do!!!!!

And there are LOTS of people on here looking to get work done lots of £££££££££££££.

Good luck Guys.

:cool:

Hi All

I spoke to Scott earlier on and he has said, they may possibly have my car ready for the 2nd!!

Its only a possible, he said that the engineer was working on it flat out this morning and things were starting to take shape. But there is still work to do, turbo side from what I understand, so fingers crossed.

Im over the moon :)

I did thank him and his team for all that had been done to the car and to have a Happy Christmas.

The pictures are as I got em from Abbey, the black furring does look rather bad though. When I saw the block a week or so ago, everything looked brand new. All cleaned up :)

Explains why I had a loss in power.

Anywayz, roll on friday 2nd jan 2004, when I should hopefully get her back.

Hi All

Spoke to Abbey earlier on. Its a strong possibility that I wont get my car back today, they are still working on it. It is more possible that I will get it back tomorrow (sat)

They are going to contact me as soon as its ready, hopefully it will be this evening and I can get rid of the Nissan.

Spoke to em again as I have just left work and it would appear that Im not gonna get her back now till monday.

They say they want to run her for at least 35-40 miles to make sure there are no leaks, which is good QC i spose....I just want her back as soon as possible.

I am going to see the car tomorrow morning to see how its all progressing.

You would probably know better than me Chris, but would it be possible for the gippy valve that he took a picture of to have got stuck open, meaning there was just no compression?

What would have been the likely cause to make a valve go rammy like that?

Tony License

P.S. Gippy and rammy are real words, just real words that aren't necessaruly in the dictionary :innocent: