The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trial bumper Detonation!!

BURT

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul- if we take the above scenario where a bumper splits and parts come off and kills someone (just for the sake of argument)- who's liable, the Supra owner for fitting it, or you for selling it, or the body shop that fitted it?

The meteor that killed us all

The driver is responsible for anything that is fitted to his car....and how it is fitted...

have you been watching too many horror flicks? :)

The driver is responsible for anything that is fitted to his car....and how it is fitted...

have you been watching too many horror flicks? :)

Ta- just wanted to know, and no I don't watch horror flicks, but have seen some very messy legal complications as result of someone getting injured on a track day, and it starts making you think.

You are right m8

If anyone has any questions please PM me - or Simon will be happy to answer questions to the quality and fit

More info will be posted when known next week

In any event these will be made stronger than anyone could ever possibly require in the future to add increased confidence

Cheers

Yep

If anyone wants any info, I would pleased to answer. I fitted my bumper myself, and got the bodyshop boys to spray it and deseam it. So I know how good it fits and its quality.

Every once in a while, all things fail, especially electrical goods etc even brand new. There could have been a very minor defect, the bumper may no have been fitted with a surport brace, something may have hit it. We are all speculating bout something we haven't seen.

Paul has sorted this with Burt, and that is there business, as long as both parties are happy, then there is no problem. Paul is updating the design, what more can we ask.

Ask yourself would Trial do the same, lot of hassle anyways as their in Japan.

Stop having pop, no one was injured and its being sorted.

Im am still very happy with mine, fit quality and its not coming off.

The bumper did'nt come with any mounting brackets, fittings or instructions, and the bodyshop have fitted more than the odd bodykit...

Pysom,and Don... the fittings and brackets you described were not in the kit i can only assume that you had yours with it....

this was not a result of my driving... as i said i was doing a high speed run (160 leptons approx) when this happened i had only reached this speed once before with the trial rear fitted...

The bumper did'nt come with any mounting brackets, fittings or instructions, and the bodyshop have fitted more than the odd bodykit...

Pysom,and Don... the fittings and brackets you described were not in the kit i can only assume that you had yours with it....

this was not a result of my driving... as i said i was doing a high speed run (160 leptons approx) when this happened i had only reached this speed once before with the trial rear fitted...

Lee

Chill mate - dont let the jokers wind you up.... everything will be fine m8!

Just lets use my recommended bodyshop people next time just to make sure eh...? Or let me speak to them first...!

And my chap will make these from titanium grade FRP!

:)

Lee

Chill mate - dont let the jokers wind you up.... everything will be fine m8!

Just lets use my recommended bodyshop people next time just to make sure eh...? Or let me speak to them first...!

And my chap will make these from titanium grade FRP!

:)

no worries Paul..;)

No instructions and no additional brackets and yet you're supposed to just "know" the design/manufacturing isn't up to it on it's own.....rrrriiiiiiggghtt. And it's all because he didn't use the bodyshop someone probably gets back handers off etc etc...and because he was wrong to drive so fast?

Still at least this info is here for the future...I love a useful thread on a BBS...

No instructions and no additional brackets and yet you're supposed to just "know" the design/manufacturing isn't up to it on it's own.....rrrriiiiiiggghtt.

You can say that for the majority of aftermarket body parts. I find it very hard to trust them in comparison to OEM.

The instructions are provided - whether they are followed or not is up to the bodyshop and /or the owner

No instructions are provided for the front bumpers from any suppliers and yet suprise suprise loads of people have managed to work it out for themselves :)

If three screw holes are provided then - guess what - three screws are required - DOH...!

No bodyshop get a back hander off me - I wish they did - I recommend GVN because they are professional. Perhaps you would care to take that accusation up with them....

I believe that Lee's was one that Terry uses in the past - so ask him - i have not blamed anyone

Please read Simons post above - you really are making a tit of yourself Alex :)

BTW - an excerpt from an email I received - so thanks for all the publicity m8 :)

Hi Paul,

I'm very loyal to companies and manufactures that supply me with excellent

products and services so after seeing the response you gave to Burt and from

what others say about Miami-GT i'd be happy to keep my purchases to one

dealer, namely yourself for the forseable future and when it comes to engine

and turbo tinkering