The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trial bumper Detonation!!

BURT

BTW - an excerpt from an email I received - so thanks for all the publicity m8 :)

Hi Paul,

I'm very loyal to companies and manufactures that supply me with excellent

products and services so after seeing the response you gave to Burt and from

what others say about Miami-GT i'd be happy to keep my purchases to one

dealer, namely yourself for the forseable future and when it comes to engine

and turbo tinkering

Here's part of one I got recently:

"That Paul E guy seems like a bit of a knob"

;)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If three screw holes are provided then - guess what - three screws are required - DOH...!

That's not always true in my experience. I would think that fibre glass is a fair bit heavier and would therefore require some sturdier fitting.

Also consider the differences in downforce that the different shapes of bodywork will produce compared to stock. eg. Fixings that were fine for stock front bumpers may be inadequate for a different shaped bumper at speed due to difference in air flow and pressures?

Mind you, it seems most people don't have a problem. My kits nose cone is held on with just two bolts!

That's not always true in my experience. I would think that fibre glass is a fair bit heavier and would therefore require some sturdier fitting.

Also consider the differences in downforce that the different shapes of bodywork will produce compared to stock. eg. Fixings that were fine for stock front bumpers may be inadequate for a different shaped bumper at speed due to difference in air flow and pressures?

Pete you misunderstand my point - if a decent bodyshop then they will know what to do and how to fit...

Also - fixing points are there for a purpose - to be used etc

When I take stuff to GVN they tell me the best way to fix stuff - not the other way around ... thats what i expect from my bodyshop!

Guys look chill,alex you have some issues ;) as far as i know pauls products so far are great fit, cheers paul for the engine bling i will be ordering more when i start my job. At the end of the day paul has done the right thing by resolving the issue so until there is further investigation to how it is caused we can`t blame anyone:search:

Oh yeah- don't get me wrong- props to Paul as the yanks would say, what bothers me is the aero effects by fitting a seemingly untested rear bumper- Toyota didn't fit a rear defuser/venturi as we all know, and I have no idea whether they tested the idea though. I presume they went with the rear wing as it was fashionable at the time of development (I presume they were well and truely commited to it by 1992)- how does the defuser work with the rear wing and ducktail boot deck? Does the active spoiler make a difference and how does that affect the defuser?

Lee says there were no instructions...I believe him way more readily than Paul.

Anyway as long as the design and instructions are updated for the future that's what the community needs when it comes to these knock-off's.

But like I said it's good to see you're giving the guy his money back cause nobody thought to explain before hand about the bracing etc.

Guest Usmann A

muhahahahaha.

Sorry Had to laugh, not at the fact that the guys bumper ripped off, thats not nice at all, just the fact that Paul@Miami GT(he is the only one ;)) under the Scope again.

Pls why couldnt you stick to selling polished camcovers, battery covers and Neon lights with blinking jets for washwipe ...... :D :D

Love ya Paul. ;)

Hey - must be the whole of the 'other' tumbleweed forum here :)

Those who enjoy their own emotionally bad health and who habitually fill their own minds with the rank poisons of suspicion, jealousy and hatred, as a rule take umbrage at those who refuse to do likewise, and they find a perverted relief in trying to denigrate them.

Johannes Brahms

Hi Usmann - good luck with the new car - always a pleasure :)

FFS,

I tell you what, some of you really want to get down from your high horses. Paul is not an engineer and has never claimed to be. He is a reseller, as such he is responsible for the goods he sells. Every company can be supplied with sub-standard goods, either from a poor supplier or even just a poor batch.

Problems can occur very easily, I would say that the downfall or success of the company is dependant on how they deal with problems. I would say that from what I have seen on this, paul has (so far) been very good at keeping the customer(s) informed, supplying replacements and preventing future issues. I'm sorry but if all our traders did/had done this in the past then we would probably have far more successful traders than are left in the pot now.

Ok, some of you have personal issues with paul (namely alex and terry) and that's fine, not everyone has to like everyone else, but alex, I can't help but feel that you have come off worse in what I have read from you as it just looks vindictive (probably because you are always there pointing the finger - albeit validly~it's not a word but I like it~).

Rather than sitting here discussing what should/shouln't be done and getting into personal cat-fights, why don't we see how Paul deals with this from start to finish, see how happy burt is with the resolution and go from there.

It's a bit early to start stringing paul up (tempting I know..) :D

anyway - I'm off to dubai for a week in 30mins so all bitching will have to be done towards me by phone :) see you in a week

Just my 2p -

Guest Usmann A

Thanks Paul, its the same car, just every nut and bolt has been changed. :) So you could say its a new car.

I have my issues with Paul, which quite a few know of, if you dont then stop making assumptions as to what my motives for posting are. thank you. :)

Guest Garfy
FFS,

I tell you what, some of you really want to get down from your high horses. Paul is not an engineer and has never claimed to be. He is a reseller, as such he is responsible for the goods he sells. Every company can be supplied with sub-standard goods, either from a poor supplier or even just a poor batch.

Problems can occur very easily, I would say that the downfall or success of the company is dependant on how they deal with problems. I would say that from what I have seen on this, paul has (so far) been very good at keeping the customer(s) informed, supplying replacements and preventing future issues. I'm sorry but if all our traders did/had done this in the past then we would probably have far more successful traders than are left in the pot now.

Ok, some of you have personal issues with paul (namely alex and terry) and that's fine, not everyone has to like everyone else, but alex, I can't help but feel that you have come off worse in what I have read from you as it just looks vindictive (probably because you are always there pointing the finger - albeit validly~it's not a word but I like it~).

Rather than sitting here discussing what should/shouln't be done and getting into personal cat-fights, why don't we see how Paul deals with this from start to finish, see how happy burt is with the resolution and go from there.

It's a bit early to start stringing paul up (tempting I know..) :D

anyway - I'm off to dubai for a week in 30mins so all bitching will have to be done towards me by phone :) see you in a week

Just my 2p -

Excellent, I totally agree.

ok guys,,, enough already.. thanks for your comments but this thread is now getting out of hand and turning into a bitch fest...

Paul has rang me again today and the matter is now been resolved.. he could if wanted pass the blame onto the bodyshop but has not, he has stuck to what we agreed and been helpfull everyway he can, so can everybody now stop commenting on this as i only posted this to let others know about the trial bumper and the proffesinal attitude that he has dealt with it.

Again i must stress that no offense is meant to anybody commenting, your views are welcome as in every thread.

Once the issue has been fully dealy with i will inform you all but in the mean time please stop commenting on this as it is causing problems for both me and Paul... Cheers all

ok guys,,, enough already.. thanks for your comments but this thread is now getting out of hand and turning into a bitch fest...

Paul has rang me again today and the matter is now been resolved.. he could if wanted pass the blame onto the bodyshop but has not, he has stuck to what we agreed and been helpfull everyway he can, so can everybody now stop commenting on this as i only posted this to let others know about the trial bumper and the proffesinal attitude that he has dealt with it.

Again i must stress that no offense is meant to anybody commenting, your views are welcome as in every thread.

Once the issue has been fully dealy with i will inform you all but in the mean time please stop commenting on this as it is causing problems for both me and Paul... Cheers all

Good result. :thumbs: