The mkiv Supra Owners Club

holly sh*t its so fast

JamieP

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow looks ace, can't imagine what that goes like.

Late Cerb should be ok as they dont have the speed six engines still Rover V8's

Thread hi-jack:

Cerbs had a 4.2 flat plane V8 when introduced, they never had the Rover unit. The Cerbs AJP8 engine is a far more powerful unit than even the 5 litre RV8 ( the 4.2RV8 from the SEAC developed 240bhp, despite TVR claiming 320bhp). The 4.2AJP was replaced my the massively reworked 4.5AJP, and although TVr claimed a massive 60bhp hike in power, the truth was there was little gain, although the later car has better manners. The Speed6 was released in 2000, and again some of the 360 horses called in sick. The AJP was canned shortly after, due to emmisions, however the last Cerbera to be sold was an 05 registered 6.0 AJP BOSS, owned by Phill James, who some members have met on the PistonHeads London tunnel runs.

I couldn't be bothered to corss reference the details, so some of the above may be a little out, but that's the gist of it.

Congrats on the car Jamie btw!

Guest Flat4_ire

front bumper i mad low dude, wudnt last 10 mins in ireland! lol

looks the business tho! ;) RLTC is a serious must for that machine!!!

Guest Flat4_ire
i aint gonna bother with the rltc....its easy to control;)

haha, fair play..suppose u wont be taking it out in the wet anyway! 670bhp no RLTC wet road = Lunatic

There a little mental ;)

Mine had a HKS Tripple clutch and was a pain in the arse but hey if you have the power you need a heavy clutch!! may be worth at some time going for a OS Giken tripple as there much easier IMHO

I liked the lag and once you get used to it you dont know anything else??

It makes me laugh when peope rag the T88 but there was a thread on the GTR skyline board about if anyone knew of any T88 that had failed and no one did which says alot about how reliable it is!!

Mine had a titanium 4" system and sounded amazing ;)

Few pics of my old one

http://www.kirbz-zed.co.uk/100_0150.JPG

http://www.kirbz-zed.co.uk/5106_Supra_Engine.jpg

Enjoy it buddy

Mike