The mkiv Supra Owners Club

holly sh*t its so fast

JamieP

Good to hear you're happy with the beast. How are Jim and Stuart feeling about the 1/4 mile now? :D

Hopefully you can make it to the Shakespeare raceway meet, would love to see this car run some good times.

cheers homer.....yea ill be at shakespere on the 18th ...dont know how ill do though cant even pull away without stalling it hehe....stuart is selling the ferrari he is getting a cerbra...jim needs a new clutch lol:D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stuart is selling the ferrari he is getting a cerbra...

Shame, its a great looking car. I've still got most of his engine oil on the front of my car :D

I chose the Supra over a Cerbera, the TVR is an awesome car if you can face the bills and constant breakdowns.

Shame, its a great looking car. I've still got most of his engine oil on the front of my car :D

I chose the Supra over a Cerbera, the TVR is an awesome car if you can face the bills and constant breakdowns.

yea i love the ferrari does get though a lot of oil though:D ..i was hoping you was gonna have a race with him i rekon your car would have him...he wants a late cerbra 03-04... might not be to bad

yea i love the ferrari does get though a lot of oil though:D ..i was hoping you was gonna have a race with him i rekon your car would have him...he wants a late cerbra 03-04... might not be to bad

Well, we did have a few of runs on the motorway on the way to Santa Pod, not sure if you realised it was me ;-)

I didn't gain any ground until I was at over 140. He was certainly quicker off the mark, I've never seen the down side of a turbo'd car demonstrated so clearly.. He'd floor it them I would floor it but by the half second it took for the turbo to spool he'd have gained a couple of car lenghts. Still, very nice car and certainly got more looks than our Supra's.

Best make sure you demonstrate your Supra to him before the Fezza goes ;-)

Good news Jamie, bet you wont stop grinning for at least a week :clap:

So what's gonna be the first mod then :D

brakes:D ....although i dont know whats on it now...they feel preety good but i havnt hammerd them yet.....maybe rltc...ill pm you my number give me a ring when you aint doing nothing and ill take ya for a spin:)

Awesome Jamie... i know a few people dont rate the T88 but i personallythink its great and i dont find lag a particular issue...find i can judge the power pretty well...dont know how you find it??

Be Careful...enjoy...and hope to meet ya at some point over the show season! Lets just hope i can make 670 out of mine :D:D:D

Awesome Jamie... i know a few people dont rate the T88 but i personallythink its great and i dont find lag a particular issue...find i can judge the power pretty well...dont know how you find it??

Be Careful...enjoy...and hope to meet ya at some point over the show season! Lets just hope i can make 670 out of mine :D:D:D

cheers....yea loving the T88...it is a little laggy but once on boost you dont come out of it...i find it very drivable.....its just that clutch...are they all like that?????? very light but like a on-of switch...very hard to pull away soomthly

i keep stalling it...i may have to change that

Glad to hear you're having fun :cool: Interested to hear your comments about the clutch as the car I have coming has the HKS triple, hmmmmm.

I ended up in quite an arguement on a forum about lag being hailed as the devil incarnate, whereas I had no problem with it at all. It's something you get used to. You don't hear anyone moaning about Vtec lag, and they don't come on until 5000rpms+.

If I could have a 600bhp turbo car or 600bhp na car, I'd head for the na car, but there's more to it than that. Turbos add power without increasing weight, and without forced induction, there's only so much you can get out of a certain engine size. I don't know what the maximum power is that you could get out of a 3l straight six and keep it driveable, but I bet it aint 600bhp.

Also, I used to have an integra type-r, and the missus could drive it all day long. By the time she hit 50mph, she was in 5th gear - never went over 4000 revs and so never realised the car had a performance side to it. If it wasn't for the heavy clutch, I suspect my missus could drive a T88 Supra quite happily as she'd never get near to spooling up that bad boy.

Oh, and there's the better mpg from a single turbo car ;)

Yes there are downsides to lag, but there are upsides to a big turbo too, my point is that lag is not the big problem some make it out to be, just something to get used to.

Guest Terry S

Guys there is nowt wrong with T88's, but there are turbos that will make the same power and spool faster thats all. Lag only becomes an issue in the twisties IMHO, but it bugs me hence my comments on big turbos. Less lag = more fun to me.

Jamie, well done mate, enjoy her.

Guys there is nowt wrong with T88's, but there are turbos that will make the same power and spool faster thats all. Lag only becomes an issue in the twisties IMHO, but it bugs me hence my comments on big turbos. Less lag = more fun to me.

Totally agree mate :thumbs: