The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Barry Boys slating another Supra

Dash Rendar

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hang on a minute- you were quite happy to slag her off and provide the ammo on the Barry site- so what's changed, other than no one would agree with you on this site? Not enough people to shout "yeah Rob, you're so great, wow Rob, oh Rob what a find!". If I don't like someones car, then I keep my mouth shut, or I politely say it's not my bag, unless something attrocious tickles me, because I'm only human after all.

I can't believe I'm wasting brain cells on this....

I didn't really slag it off on BB, I provided better pictures of the car, and a pretty tasty one of her on the bike that I knew would get her better press on BB, and it did.

I quite clearly stated in my post above that I didn't think MKiv Supra was the place to slag off cars, this is a fairly polite and good natured site for us owners. I certainly don't slag off other peoples cars on here (although someones bound to trawl up a post of me doing just that now), I slag off peoples cars on BB. Nice person here, nasty person on BB.

I'm quite happy to leave this debate here if you are, as you seem to be indicating above. I certainly don't want to bring the BB spirit onto here.

Its a discuss forum, so people are going to voice their opinions whether you like it or not.. no one lives in a dream world where everyone loves what they do or how things look. Who wants to be surrounded by false people. Its best to let people know where you stand, but in a polite way.

BB is just a forum dedicated to bitching about cars, so thats what you get on there.. bitches.

Supra-Dupra; Owned by a fellow mkivsupra.net member ;)

It's just a piss-take site where the general public can laugh at silly car mods. Don't take it so personal people!

That said, almost every supra I've seen on there deserves some sort of slagging :D

I could really care whose car it is or what car, I was just bored and wanted to mutate into a troll on someone and they were the best target ! :D

Agreed Gaz.

There have been some real shocking cars built, tens of thousands spent etc. Anyone remember that Corsa with the s-type jag nose grafted onto it ? But even so, I din't slag it off and call it 'gash' because it was someones pride and joy, however bad it looked.

The BB forum annoys me because who are they to criticise ? Some bunch of moany old farts in their 1.9tdi Golfs trying to gain internet kudos by taking pics and skipping home like infants, posting the pics and awaiting their praise. I just think it's wrong, probably because a)I'm a car loving petrolhead and b)it's only a matter of time before I'm on there ;)

I daresay some have found it quite upsetting, the spend hours and hours on their car to their taste, and this bunch of brainless f*ckwits take little camera pics and slag it off !!!

Have to admit I felt for Yulia when I saw them slaggin gher car off. The shit she has had to deal with recently, and then she has to defend her preferences to a bunch of ignorant armchair heroes.

It's for the best that I don't reply to their threads :taped:

Thanks, Matt! I knew you're a nice person!

:D

I didn't really slag it off on BB, I provided better pictures of the car, and a pretty tasty one of her on the bike that I knew would get her better press on BB, and it did.

Did you ask her before you posted her pictures up on BB forum?

Wow, I had no idea this thread would get so emotive!

I don't think there's any need for anyone to be at all offended if they happen to get featured in a Barry Boys thread. As I mentioned, most of the people on there just want a fight. Period. These same people all have massive chips on their shoulders and almost certainly embrace chav culture.

I've seen CJ's car appear on Barry Boys. Once again, not everyone is going to like the colour (personally, I do), but that doesn't make his car a Barry mobile.

There are some guidelines we should probably adhere to if planning to engage in 'debate' on the BarryBoys forum:

1) Expect abuse, regardless of your opinion

2) Be pragmatic about it. I occasionally have a look on there because I find it amusing. Debates on the mkiv board tend to be much more civilised. If you post on BarryBoys, you might as well do it tongue-in-cheek!

It's like reality TV. People don't watch it for the plot line or the story. They watch it because they can't believe fellow human beings actually interact in such a horrendous fashion.

I'm firmly of the belief that most people treat each other with dignity and respect. Which is why I see reality TV as not true 'reality'... Well, not that I'm used to anyway. And so it is with BarryBoys. If you want to have a civilised conversation, do it here. But if you want some inane combat with a bunch of degenerates, then pop over to BarryBoys for a bit! It's true escapism!

no, darling, of course he didn't..:slap:

I don't need to ask, you posted them up on a public forum.

Most of what Dash says is true, although BB don't embrace chav culture at all, the site is distinctly anti-chav but a huge amount sign up thus blurring the definition of the typical member. For clarity, the typical BB member will be someone who enjoys motoring, may well have modified their car with a preference for performance mods over styling but finds it quite hilarious that someone should spend a huge amount of cash making a slow car look like a fast car. BB members don't want people to stop pointlessly modding their cars as then the site would have nothing to rip apart. Supras are always going to be a difficult issue because of their inherent performance eg, a big vented bonnet on a Rover 200 will be ridiculous, but on a supra may help even a stock engine get a bit more cooling. They're always going to pop up on BB, if you're confident about what you've done to your car, why worry about it?

I've seen CJ's car appear on Barry Boys. Once again, not everyone is going to like the colour (personally, I do), but that doesn't make his car a Barry mobile.

To put that into context. My car was submitted twice by a member on here that had "issues" with me. Both times I received complimentary posts saying how good my car looked and questioning the sanity of the thread starter to consider it "Barry".