The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Barry Boys slating another Supra

Dash Rendar

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks really nice imo.

Theres a guy whos one of the biggest fans on barry boys at my work. Basically hes got such a strong opinion that anything modified from stock counts as a shit car.

To be honest if you have no ability to judge for yourself whether something looks good and something looks bad, and you rely on the judgement of others. You are a noob. :D

Supras should remain immune to barry boy attacks. For the most part they have minor tweaks done on them. They are race cards and are semi justified for big wings. They are quick cars!

They are race cards and are semi justified for big wings. They are quick cars!

Granted you need a wing for create downforce. But I seriously doubt that - that fisher-price, lego-technic, mechano contraction on the back is going to be of any aerodynamic benefit! :rolleyes:

At the most - all it's going to give you .. is a place where you it's convienent to put your Big Mac meal and your large cup of warm diet pop.

You may as well use it as a breakfast bar! :)

Granted you need a wing for create downforce. But I seriously doubt that - that fisher-price, lego-technic, mechano contraction on the back is going to be of any aerodynamic benefit! :rolleyes:

Well the wing is the same as mine and is at the right height. Infact it's exactly the same height as the standard spoiler. I thought it could do with being lower but if it was to be moved it would then become useless.

If anyone wants to read up about where wings work and where they don't have a look here.

But you are right, it does come in very handy when on a pic nic or if i need somewhere to iron my clothes, or even if i find myself down the beach and fancy a quick surf :D

I'm sure they think the same of us for spending 10k PLus on modifying a perfectly good car! lOL

Define "Modify"

If you mean - throwing £10k into a car to make it faster, better handling, better brakes - basically better than stock & IF you have a passion for modifying cars ... then yes - that's makes sense to me.

A Ferrari car - for instance the F360. To me, a Ferrari is a scaled down version of - GOD. I'll never be able to afford one - but if I could spend £10k to get Ferrari-beating performance .... then I'd be happy.

Guest mentalfx

A bit off topic but was VJing at Guilfest a couple of years ago, walked out the back of the Dance tent to find a DJ and a couple of groupies snorting coke off the top of my FTO spoiler!

Tbh - I don't think that spoiler would add any aerodynamic improvement over stock. Purely because I've seen those kind of spoilers on Corsa's. And a good effective spoiler isn't cheap.

If it does help downforce etc and handling. 99% of you are never going to ever drive it to the point of actally using that difference

Are you saying that the Supra spoiler (standard) - ... is redundant to 99 % of members here ?

Thereby, the Supra owner would have to travel at high speed all the time to get the downforce.

How do you come to that conclusion ? How do you know that the downforce isn't created past 90 mph ? Or even slower for that matter.

Are you flying around corners or changing direction at high speed? Or just driving fast down the motorway, I think 99% the latter, to that extent these big wings as good as usless.

Obviously the stock wing is going to be beneficial as it was built into the design of the car from the beginning, and it aids high end stability as does the front active spoiler.

The stock one produces downforce, but not alot, and at high speeds actually cause drag. The idea as Bobbeh pointed out the larger wing is for more track use, so i theory when i fly round a bend or roundabout at 80/90 it should give me more stability (is that a word) than stock or not at all.

At the end of the day i can't bee found doing that sort of stuff everyday so is more for visual effect. But if i get waved at by another corsa driver or tooted at by another fiesta it's coming off :D