The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lake District sportscar meet-up

AJI

Yep thanks to Aaron for a great day... shame about the weather and some rather heavy traffic around ambleside/ windermere.. And sorry to those guys that were following us on the braithwaite road ;)!

Even thought the TRD2000gt wasnt quite up to some of you guys specs.. was quite susprised how well it preformed.. still miss the supra though :D

Thanks to Aaron for a great blast up Hartside :D we will have to do that again when we are in equally matched cars :D:D:D

And as Aaron said..full respect to the Atom Man.. proved interested , Wes Gaz and Us avoiding him after his spin on one of the twisties heading down :)

Thanks once again to those who put the time and effort in to make this event happen..

Cheers

Gord

p.s if anyone has any vid footage/ pics of my red TRD2000GT MR2 they would greatfully be recieved :)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What an awesome day!! Repsect to AJI for organising it. Had a top time. Just sorting through my pics now so will post them up as soon as im done. Had a bit of a mare getting home though, had to get the RAC out as my car developed a nasty missfire. Eventually limped home but need to get it checkout. Will be putting something in the tech section so ill link to it when ive got round to it.

Sorry to hear abouts your probs Gaz..hope its nothing to serious?

:) Thanks Aaron it was a great day, my head wasnt with it after the "5" minute crash :( Dom was very apologetic, shame he couldnt carry on but i think his soop came off worse ...Just got the pain in the arse sorting everything out now insurance/repairs etc etc :(

The last "bonus" road was ace ( was coming around by then lol )

Yeah the Atom driver was great, thumbs up for coming even when others didnt with the weather

Cheers for the good day i will post some pics at a later date neeeed sleep now :innocent:

Ian

really sorry to you ian (shytot) again, missed your call as wife and i went out for a few drinks but me ended up being drunk...hope you all that attended had a great day out, sorry i wasnt there to complete it, sounded by the posts as a great run...hope to meet you all soon again (when the sup gets fixed)...

Sorry to hear about the accident guys , and Dom appologies i couldnt talk long on the phone when we rang.. we were busy taking 20 cars in the wrong direction!oops! and i got the blame :)

Hope you get things sorted.. if your stuck for a front bumper, iv got a bomex in stock if needed?

Wouldnt mind seeing the footage if poss ?? I can upload it to our webspace if needed?

Ta

Gord

Thanks Aron for organizing such a great day out and extending the invitation

to GTOUK. The scenic route was most enjoyable in the company of so many

fine machines and capable yet sensible drivers. Looking forward to your

video and the next event!

quickie clip of staging area

[qimg]http://web.onetel.com/~bjmsam/images/STEALTH/gtouksig.jpg[/qimg]

Good to meet you lad, sorry couldnt chat more at that stop but everyone buggered off. Did you have that camera by your shoulder rolling during the day, if so just wondering if you were going to send the footage to AJI for compilling with all of his. would be good to see i know that.

oh, forgot to ask; driver of the silver Supra with no spoiler.... what polish do you use? because your car was looking fantastically shiney !!

I think I'd have to put on 50 layers of the polish that I use before I'd come close to the shine level on your car ! ;)

assuming mine was the only wingless Supra there, i'm shocked at your comments! :blink:

But, contrary to what Gaz says ;) , I treat it to a Meguiars 3 stage every couple of months or so, which consists of a paint cleanser, a polish & finally a carnuba wax. I find it comes out a treat for the next few normal washes then (the last time it got the 3 stage was a month ago so i guess it must have come out ok on the weekend after a simple wash & chamois)

I would just like to add that £65 pounds was raised for charity. Such a small entry fee and it creates a noticable amount of cash which I will be handing over to 'Eden Animal Resue'. This is a sub-branch of the RSPCA that takes care of animals that are in need of shelter or care and operates in the Penrith area.

Also just like to re-state that if any body wants to send me their footage (in MPG format on CD) then please PM me. The complation video will be put together in the next few weeks.

Guest bjmsam
Did you have that camera by your shoulder rolling during the day, if so just wondering if you were going to send the footage to AJI for compilling with all of his. would be good to see i know that.

I was unable to switch my suspension out of sport mode during the drive (the code indicates a worn rear active damper) and the harsh ride prevented a stable image (headrest mounts aren't optimal), so I dumped representative clips at 5x speed to smooth it out. It's on the 3S Video server here.

BTW, I can't access the photo thread referenced earlier as it is not open to non-members. :( A handful of photos have been posted to the GTOUK thread...

Hi Mate

Thats a great vid... thanks for posting it.. some nice footage of me down the 66?. Dont suspose there is any chance of getting a copy of it at normal pace and with sound is there? Canbe uploaded to my webspace ifneeds be?

BTW .. wheres abouts in N Yorks are you?

Thanks

Gord

Guest bjmsam
Dont suspose there is any chance of getting a copy of it at normal pace and with sound is there? BTW .. wheres abouts in N Yorks are you?

It is just a long, boring, shaky version of what I posted, and as the audio was hooked in to my engine mic, the soundtrack sounds like this. Sorry it didn't turn out better...

I live in Ripon. You're near Caton? Does your club have a members map?

Edit: Speaking of maps, I also had my GPS running and created a KML of the route (well, until the batteries ran out on the M6). Until OneTel configures their web server properly, you'll have to save it to your local drive and double-click to display in Google Earth. The "Play Route" option is pretty cool. Here's a screen snap from Keswick down to Windermere (track in red):

• 2 weeks later...
HI Mate

Ah thats np.. stil very good footage..

AH right.. i actually live in ingleton and we work from Settle. I use the back road via caton to get to the M6 , thats the only reason it was mentioned.

Nice map btw..

Thanks

Gordon

its a small world lol... didnt realise you where from that way mate.

n00b

• 2 weeks later...

the video has been rendered and is awaiting a host.

I will PM Mawby to see if it is ok to put onto the club google video site.

This will mean I have to send a CD down and it may take another few days before it is ready to download.

Its about 45mins long !! And it has turned out looking quite alright :)