The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lake District sportscar meet-up

AJI

Ok, with no one meeting at either Lancaster or Teebay Services, ive decided to scrap them from the list and have updated the times as appropriate, hope ive not put anyone out too much by doing this but thought it was pointless to stop at them for 15 mins or so if no-one was meeting us there, might as well just get up to the Golf Club a bit earlier. Also this is last chance to get names on the lists.

Preston (Bp Garage at J31) approx 9:00am to leave no later than 9:15am

1. garetheves

2. wez_p

3. Pixelfill

4. flyin_scouseman

5. Ian (shytot)

Burton Services approx 9:45am to leave no later than 10:00am:

1. Domdotcom + Approx 3 guests + Gord R (From Lancaster pickup)

2. Gord R

3. n00b

4. Gill The Biker

Arrive Penrith Golf Club approx 10:45-11am

PLEASE NOTE: My mob number 07725 186187. Everyone save this number and give me a bell if you are running late, got lost, stuck etc and cant make it for the desired time. thanks.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. garetheves

2. wez_p

3. Pixelfill

4. flyin_scouseman

5. Ian (shytot)

6. Animal

2. Gord R

3. n00b

4. Gill The Biker

I'll be there guys. Should be fun. (No internet at mo, so hard to post stuff)

1. garetheves

2. wez_p

3. Pixelfill

4. flyin_scouseman

5. Ian (shytot)

6. Animal

2. Gord R

3. n00b

4. Gill The Biker

Sorry Guys I'm not going to be able to make this, something's come up at the last minute. Have a good one nonetheless. If you still need to borrow my radios let me know and I'll try to get them to you.

Mike

Mike

1. garetheves

2. wez_p

3. Pixelfill

4. flyin_scouseman

5. Ian (shytot)

6. Animal

2. Gord R

3. n00b

4. Gill The Biker

Sorry Guys I'm not going to be able to make this, something's come up at the last minute. Have a good one nonetheless. If you still need to borrow my radios let me know and I'll try to get them to you.

Mike

Mike

Bummer man, no way you cant get out of what you have to do??

Would be useful if we could get the radios off you though if thats ok? Hows best to get them?

1. garetheves

2. wez_p

3. Pixelfill

4. flyin_scouseman

5. Ian (shytot)

6. Animal

2. Gord R

3. n00b

4. Gill The Biker

Mike

Mike

Booo!!!

/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif

that sucks mate... hope you can find a way out of it fella....

Charlie

sorry to hear about the guys who can't make it.

the car entry list is still numerous and impressive, the weather is looking dry and sunny so it should work out to be a great event.

see you all tomorrow.

p.s. those guys who haven't been on this run before, you will like the bonus route after the pub break. ;)

i'm out guys sorry, ended up getting injured at footy last night & have been hobbling around all day still today. thought it would shake off but no joy.

ah well, i'll hopefully put the saved fuel costs towards something nice :)

have a good un, & i look forward to seeing the vids/pics

1. garetheves

2. wez_p

3. Pixelfill

4. flyin_scouseman

5. Ian (shytot)

6. Animal

2. Gord R

3. n00b

4. Gill The Biker

i'm out guys sorry, ended up getting injured at footy last night & have been hobbling around all day still today. thought it would shake off but no joy.

ah well, i'll hopefully put the saved fuel costs towards something nice :)

have a good un, & i look forward to seeing the vids/pics

1. garetheves

2. wez_p

3. Pixelfill

4. flyin_scouseman

5. Ian (shytot)

6. Animal

2. Gord R

3. n00b

4. Gill The Biker

Ive reinstated you Wez following our "chat". Sorted the radios out with Mike as well, picking them up in the morning so excuse me if im 5 mins late getting to the BP garage. Really looking forward to this now. See you tomorrow everyone.

:) Gaz iz still meeting you at 8:15 at yours tomorrow ? good on ya getting Wez back on board :p

Cheers

Ian

Yeah please mate, maybe even 5 mins earlier if pos cos not only do i have to pick my mate up in Preston i have to go via my parents for these radios and dont want to hold the rest of the convoy up really. Should have plenty of time, and it means you getting to the BP a bit early, but id rather not get held up if you know what i mean. See you tomorrow matey.

hi all, gret day out ... even better when it cleared up :)....

i finally limped off from newby bridge with only 4 cylinders :( .... im going parts shopping tomorrow... thanks for all the advice guys :thumbs:

any pics/vids anyone ?

n00b

Guest dean_3000GT

AJI ...massive thankyou for the invite.. great day although the weather was a bit pants :(

Enjoyed thrashing round the lakes with you guys...do it again soon.

Wnat happend to the two silver supras in the layby 5 mins in to the trip?? hope nothing serious??

Not great footage, but hey I was trying to drive....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reIAqaWIaxg

Cheers Deano

Hope everyone had a good time. How was the the weather... it never fails to rain for this one :D

Gaz.

the rain held off for most of the day but did drizzle here & there

thanks AJI for organising - that last road in particular was awesome and also the very first dual carriageway which was like a roller coaster!

didn't get many pics, but here's a few...

IMG_2103 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2107 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2108 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2128 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2130 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2132 (Medium).JPG

glad to see everyone had a good time. pitty about the weather... this is the third Lakes meetup that I've done.. I tried beginning of summer, middle of summer, end of summer and each time it has rained :(

Glad to see it didn't put too much of a dampner on things, the roads we went on are good to drive in all conditions.

Nice vareity of cars turned up, I think driver of the day (or should that be mad-man of the day) was the Aerial Atom driver. Sitting in what looks like scaffolding on wheels through rain and shine, in not so high temperatures takes a bit of loonacy I think. Must be said though it is a great car, 2L Honda VTec engine in such a lightweight thing equals lots of fun.

I've got some good footage of the route... it may take me two, three or even four weeks before I have anything to post up onto the forum. If anybody has any footage they want to send me, to see if it will go onto the club video of the event that I will be making then please PM me.

What an awesome day!! Repsect to AJI for organising it. Had a top time. Just sorting through my pics now so will post them up as soon as im done. Had a bit of a mare getting home though, had to get the RAC out as my car developed a nasty missfire. Eventually limped home but need to get it checkout. Will be putting something in the tech section so ill link to it when ive got round to it.

oh, forgot to ask; driver of the silver Supra with no spoiler.... what polish do you use? because your car was looking fantastically shiney !!

I think I'd have to put on 50 layers of the polish that I use before I'd come close to the shine level on your car ! ;)

oh, forgot to ask; driver of the silver Supra with no spoiler.... what polish do you use? because your car was looking fantastically shiney !!

I think I'd have to put on 50 layers of the polish that I use before I'd come close to the shine level on your car ! ;)

Wes??...Wash his car??... Nah!!!!

What an awesome day!! Repsect to AJI for organising it. Had a top time. Just sorting through my pics now so will post them up as soon as im done. Had a bit of a mare getting home though, had to get the RAC out as my car developed a nasty missfire. Eventually limped home but need to get it checkout. Will be putting something in the tech section so ill link to it when ive got round to it.

lol i know your pain mate :p