Hampshire mini-meet and barbecue

mawby

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by pulse

Stayed at a friend's place in Whippingham

Is that near Ryde? God my memory is going!

Did you see that crappy ½ mile of Dual Carriageway between Newport and Cowes? The locals call that "The Motorway" (without a hint of irony!)

Bless

Just off the A3021, south of East Cowes.

The Old Rectory. This beautiful old mansion built by Queen Victoria apparently (probably not by hand), on the top of a hill overlooking a valley and a town below, with the Medina flowing in the valley at the bottom. Absolutely stunning place, something like 17 bedrooms on a beautiful plot.

I'd love to live there :)

I did see that bit of dual carriageway (Whippingham is right near it) - the only place I put my foot down :) Lost the Peugot 306 that was following me to the house for a bit, then slowed to let him catch up :)

-p

Ok, anyone want to make some suggestions for the next meet? Where should we go this time? We need to think of something to better the excellent barbecue we just had! :D

As the meets are getting more popular we are going to have to choose a different pub to pre-meet at, one which has better parking facilities and is less crowded. I can recommend The Bun Penny as it's not far from The Old Ship, and as you all found your way there ok you'll have no problems finding it. The car park is much larger and less likely to fill up as it's set back from the seafront. As always, this is our meet so I'm happy for any suggestions from the rest of you if you think there's a better pub to meet at.

As soon as we've got some ideas flying around I'll start a new thread as before and take it from there, including the short listing of dates.

Originally posted by Mid'lifecry'sis

We would get more peeps if we made it nearer west london berkshire I think - the Kent lot travel, perhaps the P/mouth crew would 2?;)

That's fine, but we don't want to go to far away from the south. The reason millhouse, Jive and I arranged the original meet was because there was never anything down these parts worth going to, and all the other meets are two hours travelling away or more at the correct speed limit. :innocent:

Wow.. nice 1 lads.. looks like this type o thing has gone big now ..love it ..;) anything for a party..

I was down for this 1 then had to go away again otherwise i wud´ve turned up with me ol posse from London..

Well, next time, i should invite my Westend Crew..n lets have a massive 1.. wherever that is .. bare in mind the 2 DAM 2 Furious trip which is in the middle of September..

Whose the REd soop with the front lip resprayed :mad:

i thought i was the only 1 who thought of that .. 5 moths ago when i had mine done !

;) only messing, looks nice ..really does.. makes it look different init ?

;)

so if it takes the kent guys two hours why cant we all make an extra effort to help include people like Angi and B duff in Cambridge etc:D

Earth we gotta meet dog....

B/mouth is a sound place? Lets include other jap cars 2? Post a few threads on other sites for major outing before the weather kills it all.

:flame Dev

May be this time Dude will stop pleasing his wife, stop painting the walls and come and play 2? And we could rice like the guys in the pic?

big23.jpg

I think we should do some sort of county to county Gumball / pub crawl. I like the group cruising as much as the meets

People in different areas could nominate a suitable pub, we select one as the starting point and then post up the routes to the next one etc etc.

You could go mad ie Kent / Sussex / Surrey /Hants /maybe up to Swindon (maybe oxford / northampton M1) or back to london on the M4 in a kinda of circular route. People could break off for home when / if they felt like it, and people could join when the convoy came through their area.

just a thought............

Originally posted by Mid'lifecry'sis

so if it takes the kent guys two hours why cant we all make an extra effort to help include people like Angi and B duff in Cambridge etc

It's not that we can't be bothered to travel to meets, the weekend before last we went to the Sussex meet, before that I went to Santa Pod and plan to again three more times this year. It's just there's lots of events going on up country but never any along the south. Just have a quick look at the Events section, the first page shows events for Northants, Isle of Man, Cambridgeshire, Immingham, Newcastle, York, Reading, Crawley, etc. :p

Originally posted by Scooter

I think we should do some sort of county to county Gumball / pub crawl.... just a thought............

That's sounds like a good idea to me, and is the exact reason I asked for suggestions! :D If a few more are interested in this then I'll get the ball rolling.

Originally posted by mawby

That's sounds like a good idea to me, and is the exact reason I asked for suggestions! :D If a few more are interested in this then I'll get the ball rolling.

In fact I'll post a message in the event section straight after I've eaten me dinner and done a quick search for dates that don't collide with other events. :cool:

Im bang up for another?

I started arranging meets in Kent which have had some good turn outs, but im willing to travel to various gigs within reason.....

I do get bored with Mid trying to prove he can drive, even with his new co-driver.....lol

Earth me main man......de Red wiv de spoiler is MINE! its been done since just after i bought it......in fact you saw it at the last Kent meet.......Or was you not seeing straight.....:innocent: :baa:

Bring it on guys, love the meets and the trips along the highways and byways.......:flame Dev

Try for the end Sept?

Geeza,

true it was there.. nice tho´..i had me eyes set elsewhere that day me thinks :p .

Is your front spoiler down permanently ? if so can u tell me how do i do that ? shall i just fuse it ? hehe..

end of September sounds good, i´ll sound the alarm to our Westend Troops..those dogs r up for anything to do with showing off the soops :p its addictive, i got the disease then the rest of ém got contaminated .. then the rest is history.

R we show offs ?

show offs ? yea.. said it ? yea .. regret it? no :p

but please lets make it last this time coz when we came to big up our chums from Essex/Sussex meet, we were there litterally for half an hour :eek: then everyone fcuked off home on us ..

had to apologise to my crew .. they swore at me few times but i got away with it i think :D ..

London would be more than happy to have u boyz n galz..

I want to organise a massive group photo shoot .

Like putting all the cars behind us in a form of a semi cirlce. Half, front forward, the other ass facing the camera..

We could group up in front n somehow the photo taker should be few feet high like on a small ladder etc..(may be dangling from a crane or somink)

u never know where this photo might appear.. certainly in my place in big, when i get to open 1 wherever that is ..

yea..whats that Pub i saw on of the photos (may be green supras selection) called " The Old Shite" .. aye ?

get u best skirts out then, shine ya soops n all will be good ..

:thumbs:

Originally posted by Earthrokka

but please lets make it last this time coz when we came to big up our chums from Essex/Sussex meet, we were there litterally for half an hour :eek: then everyone fcuked off home on us ..

Well our meet started at 14:30 and didn't finish until about 21:00 i think, maybe later. Is 6 hours long enough for you! :p