The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hampshire mini-meet and barbecue

mawby

I don't know what time yet, but since I'm going to be travelling to the Isle Of Wight on the weekend of the BBQ (on the Sunday, in fact), if it's at the right time (I _THINK_ it might be..) I will stop in at the pub on my way through and say hello. I'm going to be that close anyway, I can stop for half an hour.

Anybody know what time people are going to be at the pub? And when until?

-p

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so if you lot are leaving Sainsburys around 2pm then everyone else might as well aim to get to the pub from 2:30pm onwards.

For those of you who haven't been to this pub before, or those who can't remember from last time, here's the directions of how to get there from the motorway.

From Portsmouth directions

From Southampton directions

Local street map

Following the routes above will also take you past a Shell station that sells Optimax at 79p/litre, which isn't too bad if you need to top up with fuel. (Especially if your travelling from Wales!)

The barbecue isn't ours until 6pm, but I will have 15 car passes so if we do go down there earlier then we can park in one of the non-barbecue car parks until it's our time. I think we should be leaving the pub at 5pm latest.

Remember you'll need to bring your own food and cooking utensils, and we'll need to organise some charcoal as well. If the tempreature is anything like today then please ensure all food is kept cool whilst at the pub. We don't want anyone going down with food poisoning!

Now as group organiser I have to indemnify Hampshire County Council against any claims arising from this booking. Yeah right, I'm not stupid! So, to cover my own arse, by attending this meet you agree to indemnify me from any claims arising as a result of you or your actions... so there! So no trying to see who can hold their hands in the barbecue the longest, or trying to set fire to your farts, or anything else that blokes get up to when they get to play with fire!

Jive, I'm just about to PM Dunk657 and Sean Doyle to see if they want to come.

Right, I think that's about it. See you all down there.

pre-barbecue pub meet...

mawby + 1

Jive

Mad Ad

Scooter

millhouse

HISUPE

Earthrokka

Green Supra

JohnK

p00t

Supradude666 + 1

pulse

the barbecue itself...

mawby + 1

Jive

Mad Ad

Scooter

millhouse

Earthrokka

Green Supra

JohnK

p00t

Supradude666 +1

i might bring some friends with me

convoy from sainsburys... 2 pm

millhouse + 1

Jive

Johnk

p00t

Mad Ad

pre-barbecue pub meet... 2.30 pm

mawby + 1

Jive

Mad Ad

Scooter

millhouse + 1

HISUPE

Earthrokka

Green Supra

JohnK

p00t

Supradude666 + 1

pulse

the barbecue itself... 6 pm

mawby + 1

Jive

Mad Ad

Scooter

millhouse + 1

Earthrokka

Green Supra

JohnK

p00t

Supradude666 +1

its looking better but we could do with a few more

millhouse + 1

Jive

Johnk

p00t

Mad Ad

mawby + 1

Jive

Mad Ad

Scooter

millhouse + 1

HISUPE

Earthrokka

Green Supra

JohnK

p00t

Supradude666 + 1

pulse

Geezabloke + 1

mawby + 1

Jive

Mad Ad

Scooter

millhouse + 1

Earthrokka

Green Supra

JohnK

p00t

Supradude666 +1

Originally posted by mawby

I can't drive my car there as I'll go waaaaay past the number of miles allowed before my next service, and if I do that I'll lose my reamining 2.5 years warranty

Should have just pulled the terminal block out from the odometer

Originally posted by Scooter

Mystery guy and his wife/girlfriend were very nice, had a good little chat in the pub, car from JIC, used to own a 200K mile rwd toyota carina / celica or something and he'd been to billing the last two years so is probably a long standard member (didn't catch his name though!)

Originally posted by millhouse

he was from west end not far from me

but i cant rember any name or username as i was still pissed:stupid:

That was Dunc (not to be confused with me or the other Dunk) and his other half. Nice couple and a very nice black Supe with an unusual but very tasteful body kit.

Originally posted by dunk657

That was Dunc (not to be confused with me or the other Dunk) and his other half. Nice couple and a very nice black Supe with an unusual but very tasteful body kit.

Ah...cheers Dunk, glad someone was paying attention :D

Are you coming along this time?

Also, how come you've got BS Member above your avatar? Bull***t Member?? ;)

:innocent:

Sorry for the long delay in replying but everytime I tried to get on I was transfered to some crappy web host address. I'm actually working bank holiday monday, oh the joys of being a security officer (!) but I will still be at both events and it also seems I have picked up a bird, that I dont have to pay for sex and works as a nurse:innocent: so I'l see if she wants to come as well. Don't tell her I said those things though! Shame about not being allowed to light the farts on the barbie.... I was looking forward to that!:flame Dev AND I'm still waiting to be set to member status after paying my money many moons ago.:twak:

If I do manage to make it to the pub, I will most likely be travelling with my housemate. He's a hippy, but harmless. Just loan him a lighter for his spliff and he'll leave you alone ;) Nah he won't. He'll talk about his new BMX a lot (he's 23).. but a cool guy.

millhouse + 1

Jive

Johnk

p00t

Mad Ad

mawby + 1

Jive

Mad Ad

Scooter

millhouse + 1

HISUPE

Earthrokka

Green Supra

JohnK

p00t

Supradude666 + 1

pulse +1 (but not staying long probably)

Geezabloke + 1

mawby + 1

Jive

Mad Ad

Scooter

millhouse + 1

Earthrokka

Green Supra

JohnK

p00t

Supradude666 +1

-p

Originally posted by Jive

Ah...cheers Dunk . . . .. Are you coming along this time?

Also, how come you've got BS Member above your avatar? Bull***t Member?? ;)

:innocent:

I think the meet is during the time Dude has got my car for painting :( Dunno if I fancy going in my Anglia

the avatar text . . . . . dunno, it seemed funny at the time

Originally posted by Jive

That's not like him :innocent:

WTF does that mean?

ARE YOU SAYING I OVER-REACT TO THINGS?????

ARE YOU ?

WELL .. . . ARE YOU???

OUT SIDE NOW!

http://www.duncandriver.btinternet.co.uk/Smilees/blackeye.gif

Originally posted by Mad Ad

Ey ey come down! In a sort of dodgy Liverpudlian, tash and shell suit wearing sort of way! Anyone for a wheel trim?!:eek:

Hi matey, My mrs saw you on the London Rd at Cowplain this evening, she thought it was me, until she got home and found me there!

Mad Ad, don't spose your new lady friend has any other nurse mates willing to come along. Actually i'm probably being too picky it'll be ok if they aren't actually nurses, but they must be prepared to wear the uniform now and again;)

Yep, that was me Dunk picking up a mate of mine to see T3. Was OK but the story line is a bit weak but the bird is SOOOO fit. Eh hem. And your misses found the back of my car quite comfy.:eek: :D Scooter, I'm sure I can sort something out. I think the staff parties will be quite interesting. :sex: I never considered being a pimp as my next career though.:respekt:

Scooter Im trying to get some of the Lame asses from our end together to come, not much luck yet tho......

There will be at least a couple of us so is there any chance of a pre meet meet..........WOW that didnt sound right...lol

Let me know:flame Dev

I really Really wanna come....but not sure if I'm sposed to be going away somewhere that weekend some mates were organising a narrow boat weekend...but I'm happy to pay ya da £4 to book my place.....really really really want to come its sounds like its going to be a great one!

Thanks for inviting me.

:)

Geezabloke, would be good if some of you boys could make it, given the current pre-meet at pub & on to barbie setup maybe we should just organise a meet point, possibly the Devils Punchbowl hotel (in Hindhead) for a quick drink & then convoy down to the pub?

Well me and my dad are still upfor it, just organising the day off work (yea i work sundays its a drag), so its definaltly on the sunday and at the pub at 2 (ish)

sounds great, have we finalised details for bbq??? will it be everyone pay so much or is it cook what ya brung??? ( no remarks of overcooking supes guys hehe)

I attended a bbq with skyline owners club at billing my dads a member and every body payed a £10 and one unlucky person goes to tesco's or where ever and gets loads of food what do ya think is it a good idea???

definitely needs some thought this one, everyone bringing a sausage, burger, finger roll and bap doesn't make sense!

Maybe some of the 100% definites could take responsibility for certain areas. I'd be willing to take on something like a cool box full of soft drinks, or the sausage / burger side of things etc. The boys meeting at sainburys early on could get the rolls, baps and sauces etc just need a few people to coordinate things so we don't end up over/under doing it.

I don't mind doing the rolls and baps, every bloke lokes baps, but I will need a def number for the amount whose coming so I know how much to bring. I'll see if some checkout girls from Sainsbury's would like to come as well!:D

Would it not be worth getting the stuff after we've left the pub? I mean, Sainsbury's is only one junction past the junction we need for barbecue and can't be more than a miles distance. Just a thought, save having all that stuff in hot cars all day, especially if the weather is what it's like today. (Off topic I know, but I've just had to take my new wheels of my car to send one back, and now I'm sweating like a blind lesbian in a fish shop!)

Also, both me an my girlfriend have Macro cards, so we could stop off there for supplies. It also wouldn't involve making a detour as it's on the junction 9 roundabout. Just an idea. The other advantage of getting the stuff on the way there is we'll know exactly how many people are going (give or take 1 or 2 who are driving straight to the barbecue).

Bloody hell, time for a cold shower I think! :flame Dev