The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hampshire mini-meet and barbecue

mawby

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch! Ok, you have twisted my arm! I'll be there on the 24th. I'm sure I'm suppose to be working, but any excuse, eh?! By the way, I did like the turn out of the meet at Lee On Solent. Was really cool (without trying to sound too 80's!) to see some other top notch motors! I was a bit scared though when the old bloke said he was going to bring his Volvo down! I didn't think there was enough room for a tank to be there! :music:

Hey Mad Ad, so glad you posted up, I was sure you said you were on the board but I couldn't put a face to the name here.

Only one person who turned up who I can't work out who he is on here :baa: :stupid: It was the owner of the black TT parked next to Pulse.

I didn't catch his name or get to speak to him. :conf:

Anyone put me out of my misery :)

Don't ask Mr. Shocking Memory here (me), I can't put faces to names for most of them :)

I thought the red aero belonged to Dunk, but looking at Mad Ad's signature I guess it was his.. I know you and millhouse and mawby.. the rest I'm going to have to guess at :)

Right, somebody put me out of my misery.

http://www.mwhite.dsl.pipex.com/ImgLeeOnSolent/105_0592.jpg

From closest to camera to furthest, whos cars are these? :)

Jive

Pulse

millhouse

.. and, who was in the UK spec white one that didn't make it down the beach, that I also didn't talk to?

-p

I can do that for you :)

Jive

Pulse

(Mystery person)

Scooter

Mad Ad

Dunk657

p00t

mawby

millhouse

I don't know what is up with my site :mad: I've also been trying to put some pics up from a wedding that I went to on Saturday, so far I've got one link to a big picture to work, the other 60 odd don't and I'm not sure why :twak:

Sweet, thanks :)

Yeah, obviously I have no idea who (mystery person) was.. but he had a nice car :)

Right, so this BBQ meet, any more volunteers? It should get booked ASAP and would be great to see at least all the same guys along to the next one, and the few more we've picked up..

mawby

millhouse

Scooter

pulse

Jive

Earthrokka

Green Supra

HISUPE

Mad Ad

JohnK (unsure, but I'm putting him on the list anyway)

p00t? dunk? Mystery person? :)

Mawby, do you think you could book this so it's set in stone? We've still got more than enough for a good day, and any further will be good to see them, but it's not going to push us into the bigger BBQs..

-p

Mystery guy and his wife/girlfriend were very nice, had a good little chat in the pub, car from JIC, used to own a 200K mile rwd toyota carina / celica or something and he'd been to billing the last two years so is probably a long standard member (didn't catch his name though!)

Originally posted by pulse

Mawby, do you think you could book this so it's set in stone? We've still got more than enough for a good day, and any further will be good to see them, but it's not going to push us into the bigger BBQs..

Indeed I can. I was going to phone them tomorrow anyway. :)

p00t called me this evening, he says he's up for this. I pm'd him today to make sure he'd seen the thread.

He hasn't paid his membership as he has no internet connection at home but will do once that's sorted.

:)

Originally posted by Scooter

Mystery guy and his wife/girlfriend were very nice, had a good little chat in the pub, car from JIC, used to own a 200K mile rwd toyota carina / celica or something and he'd been to billing the last two years so is probably a long standard member (didn't catch his name though!)

he was from west end not far from me

but i cant rember any name or username as i was still pissed:stupid:

Is anyone from around here (Portsmouth/Southampton) going to Billing this Sunday? It looks like a top event and I'd love to go, but I can't drive my car there as I'll go waaaaay past the number of miles allowed before my next service, and if I do that I'll lose my reamining 2.5 years warranty. :( So I was going to be really cheeky and try and blag a lift from someone. Anyone? Long shot I know, but worth a try. :)

I can't believe you'll lose your 2.5 year warranty for travelling up there :conf:

I wasn't going up until about 10.30pm tonight when I got a text from my other half, she maybe going away for the weekend but will let me know tomorrow.

You can see where this is going I take it, if she goes away then yep I'll be there, if not then I'll be with her :twak:

If you can stand being in a slow NA, limited to 112mph then your more than welcome to a lift, if you want sommink faster ....... errr looks round for someone faster :p

I'll let you know for deffo tomorrow whats happening.

:)

Cheers mate, that's very decent of you. :) If I do get a lift then the next thing I have to do is tell my other half! :(

As for the warranty, I can go 1000 miles past each service without affecting it. However, I've already gone 700 miles past the next service! It's being done on Tuesday, but I may need to drive to work on Monday (124 mile round trip) so I can't spare the miles.

Originally posted by mawby

Is anyone from around here (Portsmouth/Southampton) going to Billing this Sunday? It looks like a top event and I'd love to go, but I can't drive my car there as I'll go waaaaay past the number of miles allowed before my next service, and if I do that I'll lose my reamining 2.5 years warranty. :( So I was going to be really cheeky and try and blag a lift from someone. Anyone? Long shot I know, but worth a try. :)

you can come with me if you like

but i'm camping friday to sunday

Took me such a long time to reply cause I have only just paid my money and it took Branners a couple of days to enable me again! I'm still waiting to be set to member status! It was indeed JohnK in the white UK spec but he had to leave early as I believe his missus was giving him an earful! (???!!!) Don't quite know what was going on there... And the red aerotop was mine! I wont be able to go to Billing but I'm going to be there for the Bar B. Now then, where's that greyhound... Anyone for chinese spare ribs? :eek:

Right, I've just phoned them up and they're fully booked during the day, have been for ages apparently. :( The earliest day time barbecue we can have is Saturday 20th September! :eek:

However, we can book the evening barbecue for the 24th of August if we want. 6pm - 11pm on a Sunday is going to be a bit late for anyone with work on the Monday, especially those travelling. So what shall we do?

1) Forget the barbecue, we can have a picnic or raid a burger van instead. (There is a cafe on site)

2) Book the evening barbecue, still have everyone turn up during the day but wait until the eveing before having anything to eat.

3) Find out the name and address of whoever has already book the barbecue and send the 'boys' round to convince them to cancel!

4) Hijack a Nova on the way and use it's boot as a barbecue.

Despite 3 and 4 being very tempting, I vote for number 1. I expect people could even bring those 1-use barbecue's as long as they also bring a brick to put it on so they don't burn the grass.

Well, if it's a nice evening then a night BBQ for dinner would be good too. Just because it's booked til 11, doesn't mean we have to stay til then.

If we have a booking for 6-11pm, meet up a bit earlier, have a dinner BBQ and head off at 8 or 9 or something?

Failing that, I'm happy for a picnic or similar, and stuff you all I'm still gonna bring a 2 quid Tesco disposable BBQ (and ensure I have a brick available).

So, I'm happy with all the suggestions (particularly the Nova one). Incidently, I'm much more of a night owl anyway, don't factor (my) travel times into this, I'm just as happy driving home at 2am as 2pm (just means the roads are clear:))

I'll leave this at the discretion of others.

-p

Well seeing as I'm only just down the road and it'll only take me about 20 mins to get there or back means I'm with everyone else.

I think we should leave it to the people who have a fair distance to travel (excluding night owl pulse ;) ) to see if they are still up for the evening suggestion.

Good idea about meeting up beforehand though, say 5pm and by the time everyone has arrived and done the introductions etc etc then the BBQ should be available.

I'll go with the crowd :)

Ok then, so people are happy with having the barbecue in the evening, - sorted. So how about millhouse's suggestion of meeting up at a pub (possibly the same one as last time) and going to the barbecue in convoy? Would make sense if the barbecue isn't until the evening.

Pub   BBQ   Name
Y     Y    mawby
?     ?    millhouse
?     Y    Scooter
?     Y    pulse
?     Y    Jive
?     ?    Earthrokka
?     ?    Roy
?     ?    Green Supra
?     ?    HISUPE
?     ?    Mad Ad
?     ?    JohnK