The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sussex Meet - Sat 16th Aug

Guest Martin F

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

I dont even now where the M23 is..........???

Nowhere near you boyo don't get excited :p

I'm coming in from Burgess Hill so will touch on the very bottom of the M23 - not sure what time yet though, when's everyone else heading down there?

more details from the organisers

Hi all,

Glad to see so many of you are making an effort to come - much appreciated. I would just like to point out (as I will be on other forums) that if the weather is bad (rain) the BBQ will not be started although the meet will still go ahead - the pub serves food anyway so you can still eat!

Realistically I am not expecting this to happen though judging by the current weather forcast

As I cannot post on here, if you have any queries pls PM me...see you all on Saturday!

Cheers,

Pad

Mark, can I follow you?I have visions of getting lost - beside its much nicer to travel in convoy.

The whole thing starts at 2 doesn't it? and we're going to be no more than half an hour away if we meet up at the bottom of the M23/A23

Originally posted by Faye

Mark, can I follow you?I have visions of getting lost - beside its much nicer to travel in convoy.

The whole thing starts at 2 doesn't it? and we're going to be no more than half an hour away if we meet up at the bottom of the M23/A23

Yep, no problem - I can either meet you at Hickstead services or in the petrol station right at the bottom of the M23 - let me know what's best. Shall we say 1.30 then?

Originally posted by Mark Ayling

Yep, no problem - I can either meet you at Hickstead services or in the petrol station right at the bottom of the M23 - let me know what's best. Shall we say 1.30 then?

Not sure where the petrol station is, but I'm pretty sure I can find Hickstead services. 1.30 it is. I'll PM you my mobile incase there are any problems.

Originally posted by Faye

Not sure where the petrol station is, but I'm pretty sure I can find Hickstead services. 1.30 it is. I'll PM you my mobile incase there are any problems.

Hickstead is really easy to find, its basically a Shell station on the M23 - its the first turn off after the A272 (Petersfield) turn off, and has a long filter lane just before hand, you can't miss it.

I'll PM you my mobile also.

Look guys, help me out here, I havent a thricking clue where we're going or we're everyone is coming from. And everyone else seems to have gone quiet apart from Mark and Faye.

Im in Basingstoke, is it easier for me to meet the other guys around the portsmouth area, as I thought there was a few of them coming from that direction but no one seems to be answering me, if not Im meeting Faye as she is closer to me, and then onto you Mark, I have visions of me driving half way round the country.

:( :(

Ash, I guess you have two main options:

1) Up the M3, along the M25 (east) and down the M23, where at some point you can meet Faye and/or myself.

2) Down the M3, along the M27/A27 (east) all the way there, stopping at J7 to meet the Pompey/Scummer (LOL) guys.

Not sure which one's best really, personal preference I guess.

if a get my car running again tomorrow i may well pop down to give it a run, i've been commuting in a mini all week which has been fun but the novelty is wearing off (BTW filled up with optimax and i could only get £14.85 in the tank!)

fingers crossed.........

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

Look guys, help me out here, I havent a thricking clue where we're going or we're everyone is coming from. And everyone else seems to have gone quiet apart from Mark and Faye.

:( :(

It's like getting a performing seal on the road!

Poor Ash - someone pick him up FFS or he'll be wandering round East Sussex terrorising the populace all day!

:p

Originally posted by Paul E

It's like getting a performing seal on the road!

Poor Ash - someone pick him up FFS or he'll be wandering round East Sussex terrorising the populace all day!

:p

PMSL Paul, I swear I should just shoot myself at times, what am I like......But I know where Im meeting so thats a start. Washed the car today, so its looking good, just my nose is quite criminal really :(

Originally posted by shaf2000

hey ashley, im in the same neck of the woods as you and might be up with this..... if i dont go into central london the night before

is this a supra only do..... cos i've got a crappy mr2 :eek: .... well at least its a toyota.... :baa:

Saft, give me a bell, 07899910619. :cool: