Been to look at an N/A - dodgy seller?

carl0s

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The girl who took (How many?) attempts to pass her test? How long has she had her license now?

Do you think a Supra is a good idea for her?

Definately not, but there's no telling some people and learning the hard way is the only way. As it happens the car doesn't seem to be so powerful, but I still think first gear bends could be scary, and that's forgetting about the coming winter :eek:

Just got the car back and fixed the usual problems - RH warning panel was dead, heater controls were playing up too but a bit of solder has sorted them all. Steering wheel wasn't on straight either but it's all good now. Quite a nice car.

The girl who took (How many?) attempts to pass her test? How long has she had her license now?

Do you think a Supra is a good idea for her?

I'm glad she didn't buy mine. Wouldn't like to see it hurt.

For the record, other than a very minor cosmetic requirement mine doesn't have *any* problems. None. Nothing. Nada.

It's going back! That was a short Supra experience. Paint work is more problematic than she thought and the experience of me having to fix things hasn't stood it in good light.

The heater matrix also appears to be blocked :eek: , and the steering is occasionally going "bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrr" when stationary.

I have no idea how it passed the MOT when one of the sidelights is out.

I suppose this is an experience in how not to check out a Supra before buying :blush:

I couldn't agree more Carl0s. You were brought along as an inspector for the vehicle and merely held you ear close to the engine for a few seconds, gave the bodywork a once over (not noticing rust formation all over the roof, dodgy swtiches on the blink and a wobbly exhaust). :faint:

We now have another 8 hour journey ahead of us and I only hope Carl0s takes a more professional approach to car buying for me in the future. Just because it "looked" shiny around 5:30pm does not mean it is "spotless".

I'd also like to point out however that this seller described the car as "IMMACULATE INSIDE AND OUT" on his autotrader advert. That's why Carl0s, headlamp attached to garden bush with spanners was fixing problems at 2am this morning. :faint:

Oh well, let's go road trippin baby! :love:

Did we also mention that he has £3800 of my money in the form of a bankers draft (he could still cash) and I paid of his £1200 HP finance! I hope I don't lose out here as he now wants to have an "inspector" view the car on Thursday just to make sure Carl0s hasn't taken any bits off :no: , as if.

YEAH! You do learn the hard way... Carl0s :rlol:

I couldn't agree more Carl0s. You were brought along as an inspector for the vehicle and merely held you ear close to the engine for a few seconds, gave the bodywork a once over (not noticing rust formation all over the roof, dodgy swtiches on the blink and a wobbly exhaust). :faint:

We now have another 8 hour journey ahead of us and I only hope Carl0s takes a more professional approach to car buying for me in the future. Just because it "looked" shiny around 5:30pm does not mean it is "spotless".

I'd also like to point out however that this seller described the car as "IMMACULATE INSIDE AND OUT" on his autotrader advert. That's why Carl0s, headlamp attached to garden bush with spanners was fixing problems at 2am this morning. :faint:

Kiss my arse! I told you that the things I thought might be tired weren't even present on a non-turbo car! I'm not a used car buyer y'know.

I thought I already explained to you that the exhaust is meant to be able to move a bit, and I still can't see any rust formation :blink:

Anyhoo, like I said. I think it'd be easier if you just got a train back from London.

thats gratitude for ya Carl0s - very nice of her.........

A change of route:

I can't get my bankers draft back!:tongue:

So...

I've just blew 1 k on a new RSR exhaust/glass headlamps/side indicators etc and it's goin for a whole colour change on Monday (RSB), should be nice when it's done! Also agreed to put some Envy graphics across the door panels:respekt:

What on a car that has a rusty roof? Either someone here is over exaggerating some faults on what is in essence an oldish second hand car (as such will have some teething problems)

Yes, y'see now it's a case of "well it's a good car really." :rolleyes:

I have tried explaining the 12-yr old car thing, and expensive parts.. money sense more than.

What on a car that has a rusty roof? Either someone here is over exaggerating some faults on what is in essence an oldish second hand car (as such will have some teething problems) or someone is throwing good money after bad :(

There is rust where the back window meets the roof at the top! The half a cm gap. In there.

Oh in there. how did that get rusty??? Very weird place. Will need to take the tailgate off to sort that out properly methinks if I am seeing the right bit and its the bit I think it is. Jenolite 2 part rust removal kit will sort that out.

So its the bit underneath the tailgate at the top of the tailgate not the back window ie quarterlight like i thought you meant.

Oh I really can't be arsed with this. I've got her fucking friends in the background on the phone going "just get rid of it cambelt break engine rebuild get rid"

:banghead:

NOT ONLY HAVE I TOLD YOU REPEATEDLY THAT A BROKEN BELT DOESN'T RESULT IN A DAMAGED ENGINE (THE SAME AS IN YOUR MX-5), BUT THE BELT WAS CHANGED 9km AGO. FOR FUCKS SAKE TAKE YOUR CAR AWAY AND LET YOUR GIRLFRIENDS DEAL WITH IT

Oh in there. how did that get rusty??? Very weird place. Will need to take the tailgate off to sort that out properly methinks if I am seeing the right bit and its the bit I think it is. Jenolite 2 part rust removal kit will sort that out.

It's just that line, it does't go any further down so it looks as though water has settled there while it's been off the road.

Carlos,

Mine has exactly the same problem above the tailgate, I've been meaning to get around to doing it since I got her home, but I've not managed to do it as yet. Anyone, Would I be right in thinking that a coating of Kurust, followed by some primer and then paint (obviously with copious amounts of time, wet and dry, and elbow grease) will see her right?

Is it an easy job to remove the tailgate or is it definitely a two man job? I'm worried about trying it on my own, I don't want to damage the tailgate struts.

Let me know how you get on with it (_IF_ you don't abandon her, and leave her to it :p)

Mike