The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Been to look at an N/A - dodgy seller?

carl0s

Eh? It's black at the minute and has some shoddy paint job repairs in the past. A re-spary is the only option Pete! What's the point of spending over a grand for the same colour when you can have something different: Here, this is what the car will look like upon complition:

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/8560/supra18671157887473yh.th.jpg

Anyone know where I can get those alloys from?

Just had a delivery from Envy, great glass headlights! :-)

Does your NA have ABS and TC? Just wondering as a respray on a RWD car without ABS and TC with someone who had 8 attempts at passin their test might end in :cry: over winter. No offence meant like, i'm not controversial like that :innocent:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does your NA have ABS and TC? Just wondering as a respray on a RWD car without ABS and TC with someone who had 8 attempts at passin their test might end in :cry: over winter. No offence meant like, i'm not controversial like that :innocent:

Yes it does have ABS but I'm unsure about Traction Control....... Carl0s?:blush:

Oh lemme hav a thk .. doh, urm i guess i should slow down when going round bends urrmmmmm ehhhhh ah to urrrmmmm stop my back wheels spinning, urm i fink :ok:

XXXXXXXXX

Eh.....MX-5 is rwd!

Eh.....MX-5 is rwd!

I was thinking that too. Fair bit lighter though.

Go find a car park and play to find the limit... you'll soon see how much fun it can be in the wet. Get the shocks sorted out first though if it's the same car Carlos was talking about feeling "floaty".

(Carl here..)

The car doesn't have ABS or TC. (none of the SZs have stock TC do they?). I'm fairly sure it doesn't have ABS because when I was repairing the RH dash warning panel, there was no ABS bit in the lense when I held it up to the light :)

It doesn't seem to have an LSD either as it skips out of 90 degree corners if you're putting the throttle down. I'm not sure if this means the car will be more tail happy or not though :)

yeah but i'm thinkin it's probably got ABS and possibly TC! Certainly hasnt got 220ish bhp etc!!

It's got ABS but no TC. I think it has 140bhp but I found it wasn't very torquey. Awesome to drive at low speed though - the gear change is the best I've ever felt in any car. It's just crap on the motorway - the steering stays really light and wobbly.

Yeah Carl, just didn't understand where Todd's post came from. Wasnt sayin she's never driven a RWD car before etc

That's just the way your post read to me! if that's not what you meant then oops!

I just read it as "took ages to pass test, drive MX-5, never handle a Supra", my missus drives a MX5 and drives my Supra and I have no concerns, lets face it there are plent of "experienced" drivers on here that post stories of losing the back end on the Supra.

The supra isn't a difficult car to drive, I was really surprised because i always thought they'd be a dog. A lot of people do get caught out by them (more so in TTs with 2nd turbo issues) but I would be apprehensive about someone who i knew that's relatively inexperienced in driving terms, stepping into a supra. Not gettin at her or anything, just think it's a very bad idea (think Carlos thinks that too!)