The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Many congrats to Envy crew

RobSheffield

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the kind words guys I woke up this morning and thought I had dream't the whole thing! Lucky for us its all true!:sly:

I new the car was cable of doing it, I just needed seat time to get it right. There is just so much more to drag racing than just tuning up with a fast car particularly with a manual box.

The feeling of a fast launch is awesome it just feels like you have been propelled by a catpult the G force is unreal!

It was a pretty emotial occasion after finally running a 10 after all the ups and downs we have had during the last 12 months both at work and at home. The amount of pressure that has been building on my shoulders was unreal, I feel like a different person today. I was starting to doubt my own ability and I was feeling very negative and down in the dumps. On the day the times just got faster and faster and I was'nt leaving till I got a 10. On the last run I just focused all my nervous aggresion and chanelled it into one mighty effort and lucky for me it paid off. The "Trailor/Dyno Queen" finaly ran a 10! :cry: :clap:

I would like to say thanks to all the Envy Team for there support and dedication all year.:respekt:

Thanks

Kevin

It was a pretty emotial occasion Kevin

Now you've ran a 10 second time, maybe for the next project you should learn to spell :D

Well done dude, after all the bashing we've given you about your launches, you pulled one out the bag then! The boy can drive afterall! You gonna do much more with the car or leave it be and just try and get quicker launches and use a few more electronics?

You gonna do much more with the car or leave it be and just try and get quicker launches and use a few more electronics?

Well the first thing I will be doing over the winter is fitting a roll cage. At those speeds I would hate to come un-stuck! There were a few powerfull cars spun at pod particularly on the night time run which freaked me out a bit, luckly none of them made contact with the walls.

I will also look at putting some more supportive seats in there with some harnesses, again just for safety.

Kevin

Yep, Kev's supra and the CRD one are the 2 leadin right now on these shores, hopefully Paul W will run again soon. Would be interesting to see how far this car can go, nice that its runnin a good time in full street trim, the ultimate road supra in this country!!

Yeah, I plan to keep the rear wing on. I love the way the car looks ATM so I won't be changing any of that. I just think as I will be competing in more events next year including more track days that a roll cage and more supportive seats may be a good idea, although it will add weight!

Hows the GT4 going?

Kevin

yeah your Envy Supra does look the 'puppies plums'.

My GT4 is going alright, cheers for asking. Changed the old one for a new one just last month... (pics on my website). Already got a line of modifications ready for it... and a trackday at Elvington lined up in late November. :-) New rally season is about to start also ;-)

I've just been borrowing a motorbike helmut from a friend. It actually seams way to big for my head, its more like a space helmet!:rolleyes: I think I may put some proper gear on my Christmas list to keep my girlfriend happy as she is always nagging me about the safety aspect of things.

Kevin

These are car spec helmets. Not that pretty though. - http://www.motorsport-events.co.uk/helmets.htm

I did a track day and they said they wouldn't let me race without a Class 'A' helmet so I had to hire one.

I replied .... 'but I have a class A helmet my missus told me!' :ecstatic:

Also when I went to buy a nice looking helmet from a motorcycle shop they told me none of their helmets were 'car standards safe'. I can only guess that car helmets need to be more fire retardant???

The ones on Demon Tweaks are really expensive.