The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Many congrats to Envy crew

RobSheffield

:D

Hi guys.

Well what can I say, we are all over the moon. We were aiming for a 10.9 and then Kevin really goes and does it with a 10.5 dead!

It was ran in full street trim, seats, mats, interior panels, spare wheel, tool kit, sub box, amps etc etc all install. This car has all creature comforts, the only thing it doesn't have is cruise due to the Virtual Works manifold.

We are all knackeded so will have more to say tommorow, but I can't leave without the video, so here goes.

Santa Pod Oct 16th Run(Right click, save as)

WMV Format 7.2Mb, decent quality.

:clap:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Hi guys.

Well what can I say, we are all over the moon. We were aiming for a 10.9 and then Kevin really goes and does it with a 10.5 dead!

It was ran in full street trim, seats, mats, interior panels, spare wheel, tool kit, sub box, amps etc etc all install. This car has all creature comforts, the only thing it doesn't have is cruise due to the Virtual Works manifold.

We are all knackeded so will have more to say tommorow, but I can't leave without the video, so here goes.

Santa Pod Oct 16th Run(Right click, save as)

WMV Format 7.2Mb, decent quality.

:clap:

nicely edited swearin there Gaz!

great stuff !!!

nice too see a well prepared Supra tranferring all the weight and diggin in like that.

(You may have got an even quicker time if that other car had been quicker to get on the start line... you wouldn't have lost the heat build up in the rear tyres).

You'll be aiming for low 10s.. or maybe even mid-9's next year ??

Excellent work.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It means a lot to us as most of you know how long this has taken to perfect!

I also have to make a comment that this was based pure driver skill and great car setup.

There was no traction control, lauch control, anti-lag, 2-step, full throttle shift or anything like other cars in the same bracket run. So we hope for more with a little help from the electronics.

One thing about the video that you'll notice is the big drag car in the other lane. The reason Kevin let it go was it was so bloody loud that we couldn't here ourselves think on the viewing platform, let alone next to it.

I'll leave you with the slip so you can have a look at the numbers.

I am not sure if we'll get to the 9s with it full weight (and then some), although the Americans can so we'll give it a go ;)

http://www.envyperformance.com/images/new/podtimeslip.jpg

Gaz.

Errrrrr do you think there are any mods on 99% of the Jap cars running here? No one questioned the likes of Dude stripping his car to get a faster time. :blush:

Calm down oh UK activist! :p I think folks were joking. You remember that Bob. It is when one person writes something in a manner that is meant as fun. :rolleyes:

BTW, are you sure that Dude used to strip his car out? I was with him at rotorstock when he run the 10.9 and he was in full stock trim.

The WOTM cars ran 9.09 and 9.13 last weekend....pull your fingers out ;) :p

In all seriousness, Well Done! :D Good to see a decent time being laid down.

Another 2 tenths off that 60ft and you could break into the 9's....

lol - nothing to do with 1300hp and the GT47 tubby then ;)

Come on we only have 800hp, give us some credit!

Thanks Alex.

I think if we had a bar boost from the line we could probably do it yep. Suppose we'll find out next year!

Gaz.