The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to the forum - First MK4

Kyle

Hello, new to the forum, new to supra's etc.

Just a brief intro... I wanted a supra for as long as I can remember, watching fast & furious as a young kid etc etc, long story short, Blueangel (celica headlighted supra) was probably my first real supra I saw in the flesh, my mum & his mrs at the time were mates, so we were always round their house through that whole build process etc, obviously I didn't help build it, I just watched as it transformed into what it became and to see the build thread on here is like a timewarp... looking at the dates on his build thread I would've been around 10 at the time. Anyway fast forward & I eventually got my hands on a Supra, only an NA5 A01B but it's a start. Isn't a show queen by any standard however I kind of like that about it because I can do what I like without seriously hurting the value (i.e colour change etc). My car started life in 1993, got imported in the UK in 2004 was on the road for a couple of years and then got garaged in 2007 and didn't see light for 7 years. It then got purchased in 2014 as a 'barn find' and the previous keeper started to get it ready for road use again. He eventually put it on the road in 2020 (between 2007 & 2020 the car did 13 miles). He had it on the road for a further 2 years which is when I bought it in October 2022. The car has done a total of 6,000 miles on uk roads since 2004 & i've done 2,500 of them in the sub one year of ownership😃. Touch wood the car has never missed a beat, underneath is extremely clean, not rotten, never had welding, is still on factory underseal etc. The plan is to either NA-T R154 or GTE R154 swap, will probably stick with NA-T but will see, I'm sure i'll start a project thread soon enough. - Based in East Midlands.supra.jpg.e00422ccf70388182128892c60b9ca13.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, rider said:

Don't throw away your old wing they are subject to Supra inflation so what used to sell for £100 is now £250. 

Is that front plate legal?

No, but not enough cops around to check anyway, unless one is bored and in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 10:37 AM, rider said:

Don't throw away your old wing they are subject to Supra inflation so what used to sell for £100 is now £250. 

Is that front plate legal?

Have kept it aha, also kept my ridox front bumper and not sure have changed it now

On 8/14/2023 at 4:52 PM, Annabella said:

No, but not enough cops around to check anyway, unless one is bored and in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I’ve never been moaned at for it, I took it off in the end and still never got stopped etc, I have now put a small one on

On 9/4/2023 at 9:50 PM, Stipete said:

Looks tidy. Especially  with the trd wing,,,I’m yet to fit my front number plate.

Thank you, does need paint but it’s a working progress🤷‍♂️

23 hours ago, Wishieftrottle said:

Its calling for new headlights, am I right?😜

Nice purchase 👍

100%🤣, it’s dying for them and thank you

Updated picture of the car from Caffiene and Machine on Wednesday.

New earlobed front lip, the old lip was broken when I bought the bumper and I just temp fixed it with trusty cable ties just for test fitting, but where the previous person had fitted it they had drilled a hole in the bumper (you can just see it on the picture of it at the fuel station) so the earlobes cover the hole. Also small front plate on. Whilst the bumper was off I drilled the holes for the facelift indicator units so they didn’t sag as the bumper is preface, also got all the correct fitting kit & a new badge. I never realised how much the bumpers sag without being clipped up to the crash bar😳.

Next up is lowering the front abit, I’ve also go spigot rings to fit as the car/wheels never had them. The car is sat on Tiens but they do look old, and the rears are abit knocky so maybe time for new coilovers. I also lost the passenger end cap on the TRD wing🙃b92c025d-2fb3-4125-a3dd-42a5fa107086.thumb.jpeg.08a6459a1512540e12a71004fa6109fb.jpeg

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Managed to get some proper wheels for the supra, found these Works XD9, just been refurbished, powder coated etc, 10j rear 9j front. Finally looks how I want it, still undecided on whether to colour code the front lip or not…

Also picked up a tripod R154 with prop, clutch etc just needed to buy a 1jz flywheel which I’ve now also got, so r154 swap should be soon too.IMG_8730.thumb.jpeg.c3a7d367d71534430735d606f7872e49.jpeg

IMG_8623.jpeg

EA480571-9E4E-48DB-B63E-E75833096F9D.jpeg

IMG_8632.jpeg

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
Posted (edited)

Also been buying some parts ready for turbo, picked up a Supralink G4X in the Black Friday sales, and also got a deal on some used parts, got 2x Tial 44mm wastegates aswell as a Tial BOV (not got any pics of this yet aha) - not sure why it’s uploaded some of the pictures upside down

IMG_9153.jpeg

IMG_0031.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

IMG_0033.jpeg

IMG_0035.jpeg

IMG_0034.jpeg

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Swampy442 said:

Only 1 thing worse than a bov, and thats 2 bovs lol

Twin gate, single Bov, I was initially not going run one tbh, only bought it cause it was cheap, I want chatter so unsure what I’ll do tbf aha. I believe you can change the springs so it’ll only open past a certain boost level meaning I get chatter at low boost levels and it opens at high boost to help prolong the life of the turbo. Will see haha

4 minutes ago, Swampy442 said:

Interesting fact, bov's do absolutely nothing with regards to increasing turbo life

I just hear mixed opinions everywhere, some claim flutter is fine, some claim it damages turbo, others say it’s fine under certain psi anything more should run one etc etc. Always mixed opinions on stuff I guess.