The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What next ?

Dnk

So the longest sale thread in history ends.

Sold my E46 a couple of days ago so now looking around for its replacement, budget is £35k 

Go to be a convertible and looking at 

981 Boxstas 

SL's of various specs 

M4's 

4 series

6 series 

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

10 hours ago, SupraAyf said:

The 981 or the 6 would be my choice Dunk.

That said, the only soft top that we've ever had in the family was an Abarth so can't compare with your list mate.

All the best,

Andrew

Cheers Andrew 

Think i need to shorten the list

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dnk said:

Cheers Andrew 

Think i need to shorten the list

I just seem to have gone off the German stuff recently Dunk.

I find the seats really uncomfortable while there's just too many on the roads to look different anymore.

If I was in the market for a new car then I would probably go off piste and buy something a bit different to the masses.

26 minutes ago, The Raven said:

Out of the list, sl63 for me, what a engine, comfy and a hardtop to boot. The when you want........that sound.

Zero idea on running costs, reliability or anything that matters however 

For sure the 63 would be awesome but I'm not sure I'd be wanting one at my budget which gets me a 10 year old with 50k on the clock 

Need deep pockets to run one and I'd be looking at keeping this for a few years.

£675 tax to start the ball rolling but £600 fully comp to insure isn't too bad 

13 hours ago, rider said:

Or a 1965 Mustang, no tax and doesn't tend to depreciate. Actually up 35% in the last 5 years.

No thanks I'm not looking for a classic and already paying over the odds on one by the look of it, like most classics 

14 hours ago, Scooter said:

2018 Ford Mustang? sub £200 tax 

That'll be the 4 cylinder job, is that right in a Mustang ?

Tempting though £30k gets me an 18 plate with sub 40,000 miles on the odo and in a great colour

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202303295759679?advertising-location=at_cars&body-type=Convertible&include-delivery-option=on&make=Ford&maximum-badge-engine-size=2.4&maximum-mileage=40000&model=Mustang&postcode=b975qe&sort=price-asc&transmission=Automatic&fromsra

No it's the V8 too, as long as it's past a certain registration date, 2017 some 2018 cars all come in in the new low tax bracket.

from 2018 to 2023 it will have had higher tax due to the greater than £40K price but now at five years old they and all gas guzzling formerly high tax cars drop to the £185 pa level.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Scooter said:

No it's the V8 too, as long as it's past a certain registration date, 2017 some 2018 cars all come in in the new low tax bracket.

from 2018 to 2023 it will have had higher tax due to the greater than £40K price but now at five years old they and all gas guzzling formerly high tax cars drop to the £185 pa level.

Yep your right, just been having look and very tempting

I think I might have found the next car which ticks lots of boxes for me, it's way under my max budget too, we'll see, just waiting on some videos 

This might not be happening

I've done my research and an RAC car check, just waiting to hear what was done when it visited BMW but I

don't think it's been there enough for a 12 year old car irrelevant to mileage 

Car check shows 5 owners and 5 reg number changes, also it might have outstanding finance but that's easily checked 

The service history is 

Cotswold Hereford 
12/09/2013 @ 3,844 miles
25/09/2014 @ 4,989 miles
14/09/2015 @ 6,900 miles

Listers Bolton
13/03/2020 @ 18,305 miles

On the computer in the car it shows 

VEHICLE INSP -- 02/2024
BRAKE FLUID -- 05/2024
ENGINE OIL --- 05/2024 IN 19,000 MILES
VEHICLE CHECK 05/2026 IN 32,000 MILES

REAR BRAKE PADS IN 16,000 MILES 
FRONT BRAKE PADS IN 37,000 MILES

3 minutes ago, Annabella said:

The outstanding finance maybe dealer finance. 

The service record isn't right so its a non starter, i'll keep looking but buy something to get me back on the road short term, got a few options

at a local garage, i'll be having a look on Tuesday  

One short term option at the local garage is a 2013 Mercedes C Class Saloon

2.1 C220 CDI Blue efficiency AMG Sport Plus G-Tronic  EURO 5 

FMBSH 60K miles 2 owners and 12 months warranty backed by the garage for £10k 

eb9089c687d5e364efbdefe99b30114b_892132.jpg

EURO 5 rules you out of a lot of places now unless you do the pay to play daily surcharges. I had the blue efficiency 220cdi and it is a great car, I'd manage top 40's mpg on short journeys and top 50's on long journeys and its plenty quick enough.

PS - my car was a 13 plate. If you go for this one I'd recommend you replace the two bonnet catches. I had one stick and you then find opening a locked bonnet isn't at all easy. When I picked up a new catch from Mercedes I was told its a fairly common problem so for the sake of 4 bolts on two new catches I'd strongly recommend you change them out. You cannot get into them to grease them and the one that failed, stuck closed, on my car had grease turned solid and a bit of corrosion in the mechanism. For the sake of £40 its worth the not wishing one day that you had.

Edited by rider (see edit history)
  • Like 1