The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 2023!!!

Annabella

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2023 at 9:53 AM, Dnk said:

Herbert and Di Resta have been given the boot at Sky ?

Can't say I'm a fan of either so no problem for me, shame they didn't get rid of Croft and Lazenby too, can't abide either of them 

I like them both personally, cant stand that Naomi Schiff, if you must shoehorn in a female presenter at least get one with some charisma. Like Jenny Gow, hope she gets well soon

8 minutes ago, Swampy442 said:

I like them both personally, cant stand that Naomi Schiff, if you must shoehorn in a female presenter at least get one with some charisma. Like Jenny Gow, hope she gets well soon

I like Danica Patrick, helps when they've been racing in motorsport before.

• 2 weeks later...

Hamilton allowed to wear his nose stud !!! 

Hamilton allowed to wear nose stud due to medical exemption

You may remember the Lewis Hamilton-jewellery storyline from last year and you may remember that the F1 rules state that drivers have to remove all jewellery due to safety,

That's something Hamilton was always critical of.

Well, the news before first practice is that he has actually got a medical exemption so that he can wear his nose stud this weekend. 

'We have determined to take no further action as there are concerns about disfigurement with frequent attempts at removal of the device,' read an FIA verdict.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I understand most of that rule but Hamilton wearing a nose stud is up to him, he understands the implications of him wearing it. 

I am a little worried about the way that the FIA are going, I understand where they are going with some of the latest rulings with regards to Jewellery and Free speech but I think its up to the drivers to look after themselves. 

The politcal / free speech thing is warrented to an extend but its to much in my opinion, some of those are only Political issues due to a lack of human rights. 

Edited by mattdavies (see edit history)