Which Mod's do you regret doing?

Lucifer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Terry S
i thaught that hks stuff was suposed to good , obviously not

Lots of their bits are excellent, and a few items are crap. It's sifting the chaff from the wheat I am afraid and the only way to do that is experience.

Not regretted any mod. Always been very careful and only chosen easily reversible things.

I regret whoever modded my VVTi before I got it and I'm slowly converting it back to standard.

So far:-

removed SARD filter for OEM Airbox

removed shopping list on the doors

replaced crappy exhaust with nice RS*R one

sideskirts to go for OEM (when I get around to it!)

Yours was the early F-Con V Nick not the V Pro wasnt it?

Yes, the FCON V I think. Bought it in 1999/2000.

Like Terry says, not all HKS stuff is rubbish. The HKS Hiper exhaust sounds fantastic, and the 60mm electronic dials are superb...

Not a major regret but painting the active spoiler the same colour as the car. Looks the nuts but every time it hits a speed bump (motor broken so tends to stay down rather than retracting back under the front lip), with it being flexible, loads of the paint brakes off and i have to re-sand and re-paint it. Its currently sat in my shed waiting another re-paint.

Fitting RLTC and then leaving it on 20% just before hitting a slippy patch on the exit of a roundabout.

RIP one mint black Supra.

Got another couple now though! (And both have RLTC which stays at 5% or 'Wet'!)

:shrug:

Yay that chap. I leave mine permanently on the top setting. Makes for some amusing pulling out of junctions in bad rain as mine pops a bit under fuel cut. Only time I ever switched it all the way off was at an airfield ragfest day in the dry. As an overly enthusiastic driver I cannot reccomend RLTC too much.

Again, not a regret as such, but I spent £400+ on this and I don't think it's ever cut in once.

Think you did a journalist job there and left out the rest of my sentence. What I regretted was leaving it turned to 20% as it wasn't then able to catch the car when I hit diesel.

RLTC is MORE than worth its' money. But you have to make sure you have it set correctly when you are on the public road. i.e. 5% max at this time of the year!