The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Mod's do you regret doing?

Lucifer

I wonder sometimes why I built a stonking custom subwoofer box and installed speakers etc when mostly I like to listen to the sweet sound of the engine and exhaust :)

having the car perhaps a touch too low has led to some war wounds on the front nose, however it can't be too much of a regret since I havn't yet been able to bring myself to raise the suspension up.

and those ali tax disc holders, what a PITA to change the tax, glad it only comes once a year...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you did a journalist job there and left out the rest of my sentence. What I regretted was leaving it turned to 20% as it wasn't then able to catch the car when I hit diesel.

RLTC is MORE than worth its' money. But you have to make sure you have it set correctly when you are on the public road. i.e. 5% max at this time of the year!

Er, yeah, I wasn't saying or commenting on anything you said or done, just merely saying that you fitted RLTC and so did I, and yet mine's never cut in once so I possibly wasted £400+ on it.

See now there is my argument for NOT have traction control, as you become complaicent!

Only an IDIOT would say that or do that.

I refuse to believe that you can react faster than an electronic system. Brian wasn't complacent, he was very unlucky...what we don't know is that if it would have saved him if it was set to a lower slip figure. Cause no human can react fast enough to hitting diesel (hence he didn't) but maybe just maybe the RLTC could have helped and saved that car.

RLTC is not "for wimps" or a "cop out" and it of course can't really do anything about stupid driving but it can, if you let it, help to maximise traction and aide your driving, giving you a bigger safety net.

I don't set the RLTC off at all via my driving style...but I'm glad it's there just incase.

• 1 month later...

Fortunately I've been able to undo the 2 mods that were waste of time, the first one was the Apex'i cone filter and the second was the 12v fuel pump mod.

Removing the fuel pump mod improved the low speed drivability of my car so much that I can't belive it was never mentioned in previous posts on this and other forums.