The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Krimi's EU Spec VVTi Supra Single Turbo G35-1050 (The Journey, from Twins to Single)

Krimi

5 minutes ago, Peter P said:

Nice progress mate. Remember when mine looked like this, soon be in paint and going back together. 👍

You staying black or different colour?

Thanks Pete!!

I want to drive it so bad, but as soon as it goes out I should take out the engine, dont know if go single now, or repair the turbos and built a new engine aside while Im enjoying the car.

And I stay with the 202 Black just for “Value” I love RSP Blue but dont want crazy changes 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Krimi said:

Thanks Pete!!

I want to drive it so bad, but as soon as it goes out I should take out the engine, dont know if go single now, or repair the turbos and built a new engine aside while Im enjoying the car.

And I stay with the 202 Black just for “Value” I love RSP Blue but dont want crazy changes 🙂

I know what you mean mate, not driven mine for over a year now and I’m itching to get it back out on the road to drive and enjoy.

Personally I’d repair your turbos and get it back on the road whilst building a second engine with the single kit. That way you get to have it back quicker to drive, and you can sell your existing engine/twin setup to recoup some cost when the new built engine is ready to install. 🙂

202 black is a great colour, just a headache keeping it looking fresh, but I hear you on wanting to keep it original from a value perspective my friend.

Best of luck with the respray and rebuild and let us know what you decide on the engine/single build, I’m planning to do mine at some point, but think I’ll wait so I can drive and show the car for a bit first. 👍

Cheers for now.

Pete 🙂 

On 7/4/2021 at 9:49 AM, Peter P said:

I know what you mean mate, not driven mine for over a year now and I’m itching to get it back out on the road to drive and enjoy.

Personally I’d repair your turbos and get it back on the road whilst building a second engine with the single kit. That way you get to have it back quicker to drive, and you can sell your existing engine/twin setup to recoup some cost when the new built engine is ready to install. 🙂

202 black is a great colour, just a headache keeping it looking fresh, but I hear you on wanting to keep it original from a value perspective my friend.

Best of luck with the respray and rebuild and let us know what you decide on the engine/single build, I’m planning to do mine at some point, but think I’ll wait so I can drive and show the car for a bit first. 👍

Cheers for now.

Pete 🙂 

Today I order two new CT12B turbo cartridges (EU/US Turbos) to replace mines, Im going to stop this blueish smoke coming out of my exhaust while Im building my new engine aside 🙂

So! Decision made!

• Like 1

Today more work and preparation.

The car need a lot of work on rear left fender because a bad repair in the past when the do the arches, so we remove all the material to start directly from the aluminum.

Also the little symptoms of rust in the typical rear windscreen and targa top its now removed a gonna be treated.

0221956C-BC39-4F06-8DF8-6F8EEF305A47.jpeg

2BDB9B14-6476-417C-B24C-5F2E70705120.jpeg

600E4A07-AFB2-4AFE-94DF-6B6D34448DF5.jpeg

E5129D46-7927-4E83-8238-7166A26C0DD4.jpeg

Edited by Krimi (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Know all about this mate, had the same things with mine. Funny how for me it was the right rear quarter area that was poorly repaired, and yours is on the left side. We had a pair of bad ones between us I guess.

Looks like your getting it all sorted and the work now will be so worth it when it’s painted, at least it was for me. 🙂 

Keep the updates coming. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Peter P said:

Know all about this mate, had the same things with mine. Funny how for me it was the right rear quarter area that was poorly repaired, and yours is on the left side. We had a pair of bad ones between us I guess.

Looks like your getting it all sorted and the work now will be so worth it when it’s painted, at least it was for me. 🙂 

Keep the updates coming. 

Hahahahaha curious coincidence, the thing at the end its to have the best result possible!!

• Like 1

Today I’m a little bit upset with the paintshop owner, because I feel like my car its a “second dish” there and he’a not paying that much attention to the car, so we just talked today about my feelings hahaha first-second week of august it should be finished.

Actual status.

58F841C2-11FF-4DDB-86FA-A97A5DAC509E.jpeg

4F384768-C4B4-489A-98EC-435E3249E71A.jpeg

D4B14312-6D66-42D4-92A6-945A5DC3E925.jpeg

9F0885AA-160C-48F4-8684-CB04D28B5A11.jpeg

7A45C679-5EF3-4CFB-AFCD-7D6D7C19AFBE.jpeg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, HarleyFDMD said:

Looks like its going to be really special when it done! Lots of very nice parts! Are you not tempted to go single turbo?

I hope that the result of all of this work will be impecable, but lets see!

And yes! Of course, Im really tempted to go single asap, but after having my old Supra, the experience told me to do it in another engine aside of the car, because I don't want to “destroy” my engine and also want a point to go back in the future, so I will keep my actual engine in my house with wiring, ecu, blablabla just for the future hahaha

Hope that good news come in a few weeks related to the car and project.

• Like 1

Nice! I also ordered these, but with copper barrels, grey centres and black bolts. It’s been 8 or so months since I placed my order, but hoping they get to me next week. Where did you order yours mate? Hope you don’t mind waiting, as they seem to take a really long time to make and get here from Japan. I think they are worth the wait, but I’ll be glad to see them as not cheap! 🙂 

Should look amazing on your car.

Congrats! 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peter P said:

Nice! I also ordered these, but with copper barrels, grey centres and black bolts. It’s been 8 or so months since I placed my order, but hoping they get to me next week. Where did you order yours mate? Hope you don’t mind waiting, as they seem to take a really long time to make and get here from Japan. I think they are worth the wait, but I’ll be glad to see them as not cheap! 🙂 

Should look amazing on your car.

Congrats! 👍

Fingers crossed to receive it asap, I didn't order it from DriftWorks, because it is really difficult to talk with them, I managed to find a contact in the Work Factory and send them the money directly to them, they give me an ETA of 2-3 months shipped directly from Japan to my house im canaries. 🙂

Lets cross fingers hahahaha.

Good choices Mr Peter.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ric said:

I used driftworks without problem for my works

Jup!!

I know that they are good, but no quick response at all nowadays, and they are intermediaries from Work, so it delays a lot the process, because they group in a container various wheels to ship it, so it makes a difference of months between one option and other 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krimi said:

Jup!!

I know that they are good, but no quick response at all nowadays, and they are intermediaries from Work, so it delays a lot the process, because they group in a container various wheels to ship it, so it makes a difference of months between one option and other 🙂

Totally agree. I ordered mine back in February and still not got them. Hoping they land next week, but will see. It’s certainly been a long time, but I’m sure it will be worth it when they do finally get here. 🙂 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peter P said:

Totally agree. I ordered mine back in February and still not got them. Hoping they land next week, but will see. It’s certainly been a long time, but I’m sure it will be worth it when they do finally get here. 🙂 

Its a “premium brand” with a non premium service backing the brand, if I need to wait, yes I can wait, but man, reply my emails on time Im gonna spend more than 3k€ for a bunch of rounded steel hahahaha

• Like 1

Hopefully, the car will be primed the next week and fully resprayed in 2. Hope to have the car finished by the end of august. 

Now its full body repaired, fenders rolled and inside arches modified to drop the car to the floor!!!!!! 

77228D3C-9014-4464-BE61-71CC358EC188.jpeg

263B4034-CDBE-4734-B4BC-C1C30FF72F07.jpeg

2B89F304-4A23-47AA-B1B7-841F3842B7FC.jpeg

A16A3D5A-EAC6-47E9-B372-F628462FBB49.jpeg

• Like 3

• Krimi changed the title to Krimi's EU Spec VVTi Supra Single Turbo G35-1050 (The Journey, from Twins to Single)