The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine ECU

Fulcrum2000

Fulcrum I have a 1994 TT Auto ECU at home in a box I'm fairly sure, but I think it may of had an issue with manual mode not working but everything else was fine. Your welcome to take it away just cover shipping from Ireland (£10-20 max), not in the game of making money on these, it's been in the shed with 2 years and had no intention of selling anyway.

I don't want a pile of PMs from other members though :p I know Fulcrum has an issue so mine might help him out

Let me know if Scooters doesn't help solve anything for you anyway

Hi Scooter - yes its arrived, I'll get the Supra's carpet up at the weekend and do the old switcheroo then see what happens, thanks so much for letting me borrow it. fingers crossed it is the problem as it just doesnt feel like the gearbox, other than first gear it drives just like it always has. I'll let you all know.

Ok just been swapping the ECUs and want to report back. Put Scooters in and set off, first gear problem totally disappeared then got to about 35 going slowly and it started hesitating, then after about a mile it started what I can only describe as acting like it was struggling to get fuel, jerking etc, then it cut out completely. I tried to restart it but it just ran for a second and cut out, then I totally turned it off and re-started the car which I assume acts like a reset to the ECU and it started, but whenever it went into gear it either cut out or drove for about 20 yards then cut out.

So I switched back to my ECU and the first gear fault came back immediately and constantly but the car worked exactly as before after a minute of slight misfiring which I assume came form the over fuelling after all the breakdowns. Now its totally back to normal from the get go apart from first gear.

So to me this proves my fault is definitely the ECU, would we all agree? So with that in mind Brian_C1 if you are still happy to donate yours with manual not working and everything else fine I would love that, I will as agreed pay all shipping etc expenses and I will PM you in a minute.

The other thing is your ECU Scooter has more problems than fourth gear missing I'm afraid, but maybe only in my car. I havent done anything whatsoever to it, not opened it and I know nothing about them so I hope you dont feel I have done anything to it, literally all I have done is plug it into my car and unplug it. It does have a slightly different part number to mine so I am wondering if its fine for you but sends the wrong signals for fuelling or sparking or whatever to mine? Probably nothing but yours has part number 175700-5990 and mine has number 175700-4821. Maybe there's just one loose pin or connection? Anyway let me know what everyone thinks

Ok let me swap them again today and really check as to be honest the symptoms do seem to look like a loose connection I just didnt want to damage the ECU or car any more so swapped back to mine but I'm happy to have another go as the carpet etc is still all up, if its still faulty and has been damaged in transit in some way how about you keep the deposit and I send it back to you at my expense as obviously it's not your fault in any way? I'll let you know what happens anyway - but to me common sense dictates the ECU is seemingly the problem with the gears yes?

Can't be 100% sure what the problem is remotely, but send it back when you're done and I'll refund you the deposit no problem. I was only keeping it as a good fault funding device, I have sent it to at least one person before and it was ok for them.

So on that basis I'd assume it was something else, but I'd take up the other guys offer of another one. If that gives you issues you know it's unlikely to be the Ecu. Only other thing is to try your Ecu in someone else's but not so likely people will be up for that.

Hi Scooter

So I swapped them back over and with your ECU it was all fine this time, I took extra care this time to make sure both plugs were tight and even blew onto the terminals and just did 15 miles stopping and starting with no problems at all other than having no 4th gear as you say. I'm well chuffed this means its defo the ECU yes? First gear is as sweet as before with yours, having no 4th gear makes for a revvy straight at 50 but point proven I think! Thanks so much for letting me borrow it, I will return it shortly if you give me your address on a PM

Brian I have sent you a PM but not sure if they dont work too well at the moment? None of mine seem to ever appear in the sent items so not sure if you got it? I would love to pay shipping to get yours if thats still agreeable?

Cheers glad it's helped, it's a great Ecu to lend out for easy fast track testing as it's perfect bar 4th gear.

It's a shame we haven't got a good trusted source for repairs. Once you're sorted you can open your one up as advised or donate to someone who fancies having a look at it.

No rush to return it if you want to pootle about a bit before you get another.

Cheers glad it's helped, it's a great Ecu to lend out for easy fast track testing as it's perfect bar 4th gear.

It's a shame we haven't got a good trusted source for repairs. Once you're sorted you can open your one up as advised or donate to someone who fancies having a look at it.

No rush to return it if you want to pootle about a bit before you get another.

Auto ECU's are frequently being sent in to us for repairs. Due to complexity of board(s), there is more that can wrong and they do. Shoot Lee P a message, he can get you a quote for repairs to ECU.

Thanks for the PM Brian, hope you've received the postage ok and the address, its not showing on the Sent Items again so I'm not sure but let me know if you need anything

- - - Updated - - -

Auto ECU's are frequently being sent in to us for repairs. Due to complexity of board(s), there is more that can wrong and they do. Shoot Lee P a message, he can get you a quote for repairs to ECU.

Cheers Mike I would pay to have my other one fixed as a spare so I will give that some thought

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike

Just trying to get hold of Lee P, is that his username? Nothings coming up on the search for me and I wanted a quote to get the other ECU fixed