The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra pedal car transformation

Al Massey

So a few years back, I bought a very, very rare Supra pedal car.

However it was badly damaged 

So decided to do something different with it.

With the help Ellis Grange at http://www.fiftyninedesign.com about for redesigning all the stickers from scratch and pretty much guessing the sizes required.

And then rejigging the designs after sending me the first prints to test out as he wasn’t happy until it was perfect.

Mark Armitage at Your Final Vinyl for printing the stickers.

Karl Owen for the spray painting.

Without these, it wouldn’t have been possible.

So I started off by stripping it down, removing all stickers, residue and crap that had accumulated over the years.

It then went to Karl who prepped and painted it all for me.

I then bought a cheap Ali spoiler from ebay.

Cut the legs to make it smaller and fit better. A

Had to cut the feet to fit the recess, then cut the two blade down so it would fit.

Trimmed the width of both to make two sections.

Cut the side bits so it would be smaller.

Plenty of sand, polish and paint.

Could do with some more work.

Then took apart the steering wheel from my kids Lightning McQueen ride on car.

Drilled a few holes for the nos buttons from my old supra steering wheel. Painted black and managed to make it fit.

Then added my Defi Rev counter and shift light.

Still working on a power solution and a device to make it Rev.

Had to rework the windscreen as it was snapped in a few places.

Bit of tape, glue, sanding and paint and it looks alright.

Then added the stickers.

Getting some more made up as I think I can do a better job of applying them.

Next up is adding some lights and possibly a motor and remove the pedal system and possibly a speaker for supra sounds lol

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2268.JPG

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2594.JPG

IMG_2596.JPG

IMG_2597.JPG

IMG_2600.JPG

IMG_2622.JPG

Edited by Al Massey (see edit history)

Cheers! Most of the logos (including the large side graphics) had to be completely redrawn to be accurate for cutting by Mark Armitage. This means that I have everything on file if anybody needs full size bits in the future too! Real labour of love and a great project to work on - loved doing it! Awesome result too - looks spectacular.

Cheers! Most of the logos (including the large side graphics) had to be completely redrawn to be accurate for cutting by Mark Armitage. This means that I have everything on file if anybody needs full size bits in the future too! Real labour of love and a great project to work on - loved doing it! Awesome result too - looks spectacular.

When is it ready and when is Al taking you out for a drive to the McDonald’s carparks?

Extra piccies are good.

You should look into getting a mould done and selling these. Provide a decent lead time and you could make a nice income off this.

A few people have asked about wanting one or a copy, one guy has already offered $1000 for mine lol

JB mentioned someone on Instagram, so I am going to look to see if I can find electric car chassis about the same size and then look into getting the shell molded and make another or similar version.

A few people have asked about wanting one or a copy, one guy has already offered $1000 for mine lol

JB mentioned someone on Instagram, so I am going to look to see if I can find electric car chassis about the same size and then look into getting the shell molded and make another or similar version.

Just seen the video. Bet there will be some fights over who gets to drive it :D

If you have a spare bit of money floating about I’d say go for it, strike while the iron's hot. Something completely fresh being done and from a really different perspective. The Supra community feels a little stale at times, ideas from yesteryear being rehashed across the board but this is great.

Get the video up on the FB pages and get those Arabs interested. Maybe they will order a gold plated one! Don’t know if you don’t try.

Just seen the video. Bet there will be some fights over who gets to drive it :D

If you have a spare bit of money floating about I’d say go for it, strike while the iron's hot. Something completely fresh being done and from a really different perspective. The Supra community feels a little stale at times, ideas from yesteryear being rehashed across the board but this is great.

Get the video up on the FB pages and get those Arabs interested. Maybe they will order a gold plated one! Don’t know if you don’t try.

I’m looking into options to get copies made, may not be cheap though