The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 2020..... Is it happening?

inazone

I'd much prefer to try Nigels 'Yakushi Show' instead. It's highly unlikely that the current active members will able to fund a plot etc.. at JAE, times have drastically changed.

https://yakushi-show.co.uk/

Was pretty good last year. It has the main day of the show with camping before and after if you like. Did an award ceremony for different categories of cars at the end, not just the cars on the Show and Shine section but all in attendance. Nigel also organised a discounted event at Silverstone racetrack the next day if people wanted to stick around for a bit more. Was his first show last year and he is going for a close community feel to it.

20190914_0001.JPG

20190914_0011.JPG

20190914_0013.JPG

20190914_0023.JPG

20190914_0027.JPG

20190914_0056.JPG

20190914_0034.JPG

20190914_0051.JPG

I'd much prefer to try Nigels 'Yakushi Show' instead. It's highly unlikely that the current active members will able to fund a plot etc.. at JAE, times have drastically changed.

https://yakushi-show.co.uk/

I am looking at this as well, if I can get the time.

I'm not an official club event's organiser. Even if I did organise it I'm almost certain no one would be interested now. Sad time's...

/QUOTE]

I still think facebook is partly to blame for the decline in forum activity. Why don't you do a poll and see who is still interested, even for next year?

I can see all events being cancelled due to the corona virus

It seems to be getting worst not better

Or is this just a reflection on what the media are feeding us. Yes, countries are taking very drastic measures to get ahead of it. But more people recover from it than die from it. Still not acceptable though.

Interesting site that shows real time data on the virus.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

If people are genuinely interested in attending JAE, than I will happily organise.

Unfortunately, I and the club have been out of pocket the past 2 years organising the plots, power, marquee etc.

Which is a shame as people say they are interested, I pay out hundreds, then no one comes.