The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worth it? Recaros

tayr

Hi Guys

I've been looking for a set of Confetti recaros for a little while now along with a 3 Spoke facelift wheel.

There are some poor condition ones on Ebay at the moment for £1200.00 which i think i'll avoid.

I have spoken to JDM Distro who can supply some from Japan for around €1200-1400 for the pair but they will need to be sourced and condition approved by me first (around 16 week shipping)

Are they worth it? I know it's all subjective but from people who have or have had them - are they worth the extra £££

Many thanks

I think these things will never lose their value and I'd expect they will only add more value.

I bought a set of OEM wheels, not because I needed a set of 17" OEM wheels but I figured for the £350 outlay they will likely add £2k to the cars value one day. Anything large and highly visible and OEM will more than pay for itself; from steering wheels, to bumpers, to dash panels, to seats, to air boxes to road wheels. Grab them while you can.

Hi Guys

I've been looking for a set of Confetti recaros for a little while now along with a 3 Spoke facelift wheel.

There are some poor condition ones on Ebay at the moment for £1200.00 which i think i'll avoid.

I have spoken to JDM Distro who can supply some from Japan for around €1200-1400 for the pair but they will need to be sourced and condition approved by me first (around 16 week shipping)

Are they worth it? I know it's all subjective but from people who have or have had them - are they worth the extra £££

Many thanks

Where did you buy your car from ? maybe the importer can do you favour and stash it with a car on the boat?

I sold mine a few years ago for 500 on original rails before the supra tax hit but I didn't actually find them that comfy made for small people and I'm only 5foot10 and 11stone before anyone thinks I'm fat boy ;)

/QUOTE]+1 for not that comfy (although I'm a little fatter)

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I sold mine a few years ago for 500 on original rails before the supra tax hit but I didn't actually find them that comfy made for small people and I'm only 5foot10 and 11stone before anyone thinks I'm fat boy ;)

/QUOTE]

+1 for not that comfy (although I'm a little fatter)

+Another 1 here, I don’t find them that comfy either.

I much prefer the sports seats in my BMW any day!!

I’m 5 foot 10 and 11 stone myself :D

/QUOTE]

+1 for not that comfy (although I'm a little fatter)

+Another 1 here, I don’t find them that comfy either.

I much prefer the sports seats in my BMW any day!!

I’m 5 foot 10 and 11 stone myself :D

Another vote here haha! I hated mine after I changed to them, so changed back to the recaro treadlines in my old supra as they were miles comfier!

Ps. I’m part of the fat boy club though :taped:

Depends how much you want to keep things OEM. I have OEM confetti Recaros on OEM rails in both my cars and can't fault them.

I've considered swapping them out for the likes of Recaros CS or A8s but it's just more needless spending of money to do that.

Recaro A8s are my faves :cool: but I dont think they'd particularly suit the Supras cabin. More suited to older Porsches, BMWs and Mercs etc

The problem I find with the oem Confetti Recaros is that they don't actually look like they were designed for the car. The trim and finish dont match anything else in the interior at all.

I much prefer black leather Recaro Speeds or Trendlines.

ajusting the recline while your sat i8n the seat is a pain in the arse too.

Depends how much you want to keep things OEM. I have OEM confetti Recaros on OEM rails in both my cars and can't fault them.

I've considered swapping them out for the likes of Recaros CS or A8s but it's just more needless spending of money to do that.

Tried to pm you Westy but your inbox is full, if you decide to sell either set and replace with CS' or A8s let me know and I'll buy seat and rails from you.

I actually have a search set up with JDM Distro for these on OEM rails with a couple of weeks so OP they already are searching for a set as it is!

Tried to pm you Westy but your inbox is full, if you decide to sell either set and replace with CS' or A8s let me know and I'll buy seat and rails from you.

I actually have a search set up with JDM Distro for these on OEM rails with a couple of weeks so OP they already are searching for a set as it is!

Thanks for letting me know mate - have you bought anything off them before? Think it's going to be a right challenge lol

Thanks for letting me know mate - have you bought anything off them before? Think it's going to be a right challenge lol

I'm located in Ireland and used to know a guy working there (he's since left).

I've bought and OEM Supra standard front seat and a pair of OEM R32 GTR V-Spec wheels, all as described but pretty expensive, Japan is expensive for parts now though.

btw - does anyone know if recaros that were available as an upgrade were SR2 or SR3?

SR2 Recaro's are the OEM option seats :)

Thats right, the SR3 have "less pointy" shoulder areas and are easily distinguishable from the SR2. Not to mention the OEM versions had the flocked harness bars (any without this arent OEM supra ones)

Thats right, the SR3 have "less pointy" shoulder areas and are easily distinguishable from the SR2. Not to mention the OEM versions had the flocked harness bars (any without this arent OEM supra ones)

oh i never knew about the flocked harness bars. i actually thought they looked better no flocked.