The mkiv Supra Owners Club

recommendations for parcel shipping to europe

Pixelfill

Hey guys,

I’m guessing that many of you will have shipped items to Europe, and am looking for recommendations for shipping providers.

The parcel I need to send is just above the Royal mail size limit for international shipping, sum of all dimensions is above 90cm, which pushes it into “Parcelforce global value”. Now the parcel weighs less than 2kg but their equivalent volume weight calc (w*l*d /5000) comes out at 7.25kg which to Spain means I’m looking at £60 shipping! The contents aren’t even worth that, lol.

what services can you recommend?

Mike

Ive always used Transglobal Express.

They quote a bit like confused.com. they get prices (through an online system) for your parcel on its size and weight. You can easily sort insurance if any value. You just print the labels and attach.

They use all of the typical shipping companies.

I've shipped headlights and a range of other items to more countries than I can mention and they've always been rapid with any insurance payouts when the worst happens (they then claim it back off whoever you've used directly,DPD etc). Much like paypal.

You get a range of prices so you can choose and compare. If nothing else it's great to get some prices for a comparison.

I used to often post items past working hours of most places. UPS drop off points locally open until 10pm make your life easy but not an issue if you arrange collection.

Just dont black wrap the boxes. They moan about conveyor issues.

https://www.transglobalexpress.co.uk/

Hey guys,

I’m guessing that many of you will have shipped items to Europe, and am looking for recommendations for shipping providers.

The parcel I need to send is just above the Royal mail size limit for international shipping, sum of all dimensions is above 90cm, which pushes it into “Parcelforce global value”. Now the parcel weighs less than 2kg but their equivalent volume weight calc (w*l*d /5000) comes out at 7.25kg which to Spain means I’m looking at £60 shipping! The contents aren’t even worth that, lol.

what services can you recommend?

Mike

I tend to use Parcel 2 go and parcel monkey and make a choice from the results provided.

In my experience though, even with the bigger companies like fedex, ups etc the insurance isn't worth jack. UPS recently lost a 40 year old "variator" of ours from a property in Paris and say because it was so old and obsolete it had zero value!! Fedex dropped a fibre fusion kit and refused to pay out on the claim as they said the packaging was insufficient, odd seeing it was the original packing the kit came in.