The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Moderators

Mattlaw

• 2 months later...

Absolute Joke that member have to PM mods to get them on line.

Steve and Homer haven't been online in over 10 days, Rosie got given supermod rights and she's not been online since Jan!!!! The reason Branners has no support is his Mod team around him are no longer actively involved in the forum!

Quite a few offered a while ago and nothing happened, even offers of tech help if Mawby needed it appeared to fall on deaf ears.

Oh no the Big Mod refresh happened .... Rossie got SuperMod status and that was it :thumbs:

Communication back to members is a complete joke, it basically just doesnt happen any more! And who decides trader renewals as its no longer members, there hasn't been a trader feedback thread for years.

I think Rosey got supermod long before the new refresh was supposed to be done.

I guess we have to accept people do have lives outside the forum, as for member paying in Jan, well if it did go through then I guess there is no excuse for that especially with red mods having access, unless only one of them does the membership, if that’s the case then there is a single point of failure.

I am on the forum at least once a day, I browse the forum by using the new post button so I can catch up on what I has happened since I last visited. However it appears that the last intervention to speed up the forum has meant that off topic now no longer appears in the new posts which is why I have missed this. I will pick this up with a red mod now and try and get it sorted today.

If anyone has any issues that need mod attention please pm a mod rather than starting a thread. It will drastically reduce the time taken to get help.

I think Rosey got supermod long before the new refresh was supposed to be done.

I guess we have to accept people do have lives outside the forum, as for member paying in Jan, well if it did go through then I guess there is no excuse for that especially with red mods having access, unless only one of them does the membership, if that’s the case then there is a single point of failure.

I do accept people have lives away from the forum and there is nothing wrong with that. However thats the point in having a team and its being proven on the forum that a team of 5 Supermods is either not enough, they are not active enough or the restrictions in what the yellow Mods can/cannot do needs dissolving somewhat.

We have no support on the forum across the board, admin tasks, refresh's, Trader renewals and events are all poorly supported because the team doing it are either overstretched or not supported by the others. Look at DragonBall for example there's a chat thread, no details thread for an event thats happening (supposedly) in a month and its got the lowest turnout in year. Im not buying thats because people have no money or don't want to go its because there's sod all details on it. Last update on that thread was over a month ago!

The only Mods I regularly see active are Pete and Tyson

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

No point in being a mod of any colour if your not on here on a regular basis

Can new un approved members pm a mod ? didnt think they could pm anyone

Yes, anyone can pm a mod and I agree that being active is crucial.

Matt can you PM the day you paid (rough time would be helpful) and your email address. I'll get on this for you and let you know what is happening.

I do accept people have lives away from the forum and there is nothing wrong with that. However thats the point in having a team and its being proven on the forum that a team of 5 Supermods is either not enough, they are not active enough or the restrictions in what the yellow Mods can/cannot do needs dissolving somewhat.

We have no support on the forum across the board, admin tasks, refresh's, Trader renewals and events are all poorly supported because the team doing it are either overstretched or not supported by the others. Look at DragonBall for example there's a chat thread, no details thread for an event thats happening (supposedly) in a month and its got the lowest turnout in year. Im not buying thats because people have no money or don't want to go its because there's sod all details on it. Last update on that thread was over a month ago!

Fully agree with what you have said.

Question is those Mods that are not active, they will know they are not active themselves why do they stay in their position?

Like all other times where the forum has recruited mods, it has been to help and support the club. By being inactive this basically is not fulfilling the position.

Speaking with other members, based on the list JB put up, it is almost a forgone conclusion who will be new mods when and if new mods are picked.

But hey this is just my opinion and I am sure there will be mitigating circumstances. And for old times sake, this forum is going down hill.

It's no excuse but for the DB thread it's probably because with the current raft of lockdown measures it is not going to possible. I am due to go to DLP in June but it is on the verge of being cancelled with both the UK and France trying to tackle the spread of COVID-19.

My Pm's are set to ping me an email, so if you have something that needs mod attention send me a pm and I will be able to see it straightaway. If there is a thread I won't see it till the next time I log in, I will be checking off topic now I know it doesn't filter into new posts.