The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FAO Mawby

Dnk

I'm not sure it's 100% sorted yet. We've been experiencing some suspicious load spikes on the server since the start of the year, like 4000 simultaneous forum searches being made, which is just too much to for the server to cope with. It's taken a while to figure it out because by the time I could get on the server it was already on its knees and I couldn't really do much except bounce the web server and database. But I've spent the day watching the server and have seen it going wrong, and I've now put in place some changes which should hopefully protect against this for now. Just got to make up the 6 hours with work now. :(

I know it's all been quiet on the new forum front, but things are still happening in the background thanks to Pete. This has just highlighted the need for us to move onto something more modern as soon as we can.