The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Leather on door cards.

jza800

^Just like the guys wrote above, these must be one of the best looking door panel upholstery job I have seen for a while!

Did you buy some leather door panel upholstery kit or did someone do a custom job for you? How these were made? Did you remove the original vinyl and padding foam layer to the bare door card? I would like to know how did you pad the door panel and what kind of upholstery glue did you use for the new leather?

Great job! :thumbs:

I Will give more details when i go home i am at work. I bourght the cover online and mountet Them myself it is not a job for a rookie the fitment was really good. If you need more information dont hassitate to ask ��

How much cost?

They look ace. Did you buy them or do them yourself? Would love to get mine done with red stitching.

/QUOTE]

Yes i did them myself.. you can get them with red stitching too... but it takes time and a lot of patience..

- - - Updated - - -

That's the best fit I've seen. Did you take any pictures whilst doing it?

afraid not...

^Just like the guys wrote above, these must be one of the best looking door panel upholstery job I have seen for a while!

Did you buy some leather door panel upholstery kit or did someone do a custom job for you? How these were made? Did you remove the original vinyl and padding foam layer to the bare door card? I would like to know how did you pad the door panel and what kind of upholstery glue did you use for the new leather?

Great job! :thumbs:

no i did not remove the vinyl the covers it made to fit over the stock vinyl, if you take it off you will have a big problem to get et all smooth and even.. i used some heat resistent glue so the leather not will slip the vinyl when it get hot outside.. normal spray glue will slip if the car says in the hot sun..

Just wow. I'm looking to do that when I take the car off the road but was going to take them to a upholsterer. Surely they are not the covers advertised on eBay are they?

I have seen them fitted by members and they don't look that good.

Just wow. I'm looking to do that when I take the car off the road but was going to take them to a upholsterer. Surely they are not the covers advertised on eBay are they?

I have seen them fitted by members and they don't look that good.

I dont know the price you have in england about upholsterer, but here they are expensive, what one door card would cost if they had to make it all with mounting leather and work, with j f customs i could get it all for what one side would cost...

They look much better , least they have the correct link now , done door cards before , front and rear , real bitch to do .

They look much better , least they have the correct link now , done door cards before , front and rear , real bitch to do .

Yes it requires knowledge and patience, and not everyone has it unfortunately, have seen some users in here also have to try it for themselves, it has not gone through so well :(