The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project mx5- Ruby

ripped_fear

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good mate. :thumbs:

So roll bar and suspension next on the list? :)

thanks bud, quite happy with it so far

Guy messed me about with the roll bar so will probably just buy a new one at some point instead.

But suspension is next and one of my brakes seems to have a slight bind so going to change that out too.

James (theturtleshead) has freed the suspension off which is great news so thanks to him for that. So we just need to find a time to get it on and drop it a touch

You putting a cage in this Jake?
Yeah mate. I fancy a Gc fabrication cage, I did have one lined up but the seller let me down.

I will order one at some point.

Are you going to put a turbo kit on your mx5??
Maybe. I had been considering a supercharger a little more seriously tbh. For now I want some seat time na then will consider more power.

Nice progress Jake, sensible to get seat time before you look to add a supercharger or turbo kit, you’ll appreciate the addition more that way. :thumbs:

Can’t beat the feel of a nice steering wheel. :cool:

Yeah probably best to get a good amount of seat time. And tbh I'm running out of funds [emoji23]

First track day was a huge success, had an awesome time.

Got a couple of videos and pictures below from the day. One nice one of a little sideways action too :D

Had some scraping on the arch liner but other than that all good.

My mate did put it on the grass at one point but no damage done, it was his first time in a rwd car so i kind of expected it

[video=youtube;lp7LwY-I00Q]

attachment.php?attachmentid=235106&stc=1&d=1583872689

attachment.php?attachmentid=235107&stc=1&d=1583872689

attachment.php?attachmentid=235108&stc=1&d=1583872689

89302969_2967083273352762_6198012127412748288_n.jpg

89608816_2967083160019440_4610053054681579520_n.jpg

89648009_2967083216686101_260285729786036224_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like fun Jake, glad you had a good time. :thumbs:

Did you feel the benefits of the work and parts you’ve added to it? Any areas highlighted for further work or are you happy with everything for now?

Yeah the car was fantastic, things i need to do are sort the rubbing arch liners as a priority, then just go though and tie up some loose ends. I may look into a brake upgrade too although they were fine on the short sprints

Very nice Jake. :thumbs:

Car looks purposeful and a lot of fun! :cool:

Guess brakes would be a good upgrade for longer sessions and some circuits, just depends on what you plan to do with it.

Guessing you’ve done some brake upgrades already or are you running stock brakes at the moment? It’s a light car so that helps a lot compared to the Supra. :)

• 1 month later...

So yesterday I got my Jass performance package through so got to work on the car this morning.

Fitted a new powder coated front Towing eye and new fitting kit.

Got the 8mm top mount spacers on as I got fed up with it sitting so low.

And fitted a simple bkae master stopper to give a better pedal feel.

And finally wired in the volt guage. imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Very nice Jake. :thumbs:

Car looks purposeful and a lot of fun! :cool:

Guess brakes would be a good upgrade for longer sessions and some circuits, just depends on what you plan to do with it.

Guessing you’ve done some brake upgrades already or are you running stock brakes at the moment? It’s a light car so that helps a lot compared to the Supra. :)

No brake mods apart from the stopper. It is on stock brakes but I have put a new caliper on and some uprated pads that's about it atm

• 2 months later...

Quick update on the old 5.

Made some carbonfibre hard top bolt plates.

Then had the car get a bit warm on a couple of runs so, swapped the thermostat for a new one, new coolant, a second hand replacement rad and fan.

And today just ditched the oem air box for an IL Motorsport intake kit. Very well made piece

attachment.php?attachmentid=236605&stc=1&d=1593098275

attachment.php?attachmentid=236606&stc=1&d=1593098275

attachment.php?attachmentid=236607&stc=1&d=1593098275

attachment.php?attachmentid=236608&stc=1&d=1593098275

attachment.php?attachmentid=236609&stc=1&d=1593098275

attachment.php?attachmentid=236610&stc=1&d=1593098294

attachment.php?attachmentid=236611&stc=1&d=1593098294

thumbnail_IMG_20200423_110835.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200517_133807.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200518_201134.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200606_120313.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200606_123332.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200620_180359.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_20200625_152930.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good!

Used to have one of these and it was an awesome thing on track. However it was a little slow, no one would let it pass because they would just spank it on the next straight. This was all fixed with a supercharger :) M42 I believe off the mini! After that it was phenomenal on track! The things it overtook was brilliant! The other great thing was that it could keep going on track. My old GTR would do 5 sessions in a day and cost a chunk of fuel, this with the SC did 11 sessions (multiple drivers) and up to an hour of driving at a time.

Some pics of mine.....

Interior pic is console removal as I found that the thing got in the way on track

Last pic is the car under new ownership, split with my ex a few years ago and had to sell it :(

IMG_3607.jpg

RFZM3311.JPG

Looking good!

Used to have one of these and it was an awesome thing on track. However it was a little slow, no one would let it pass because they would just spank it on the next straight. This was all fixed with a supercharger :) M42 I believe off the mini! After that it was phenomenal on track! The things it overtook was brilliant! The other great thing was that it could keep going on track. My old GTR would do 5 sessions in a day and cost a chunk of fuel, this with the SC did 11 sessions (multiple drivers) and up to an hour of driving at a time.

Some pics of mine.....

Interior pic is console removal as I found that the thing got in the way on track

Last pic is the car under new ownership, split with my ex a few years ago and had to sell it :(

I vaguely remember you selling that, think you had it listed on here?

M42 seems to be a common choice, ive been looking at a kit currently actually but equally love it NA. Part if me is saying leave it be the other side is saying go for it.

Maybe you should get another? ;)

I like the centre console deletes you can get but equally quite like having the arm rest on the longer drives. Bit torn