The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Realistic Budget for a TT 6spd

Nathanj1142

I’ve had pretty much every variation of the Supra, and I’m most happy behind the wheel of a TT6, that said I absolutely loved my 10years of BPU Auto ownership also.

One other thing I’ll say, I’ve never drove my manual and thought, yeah I’d quite like to install an Autobox, the same can’t be said when I had my Auto, as I’d always thought about converting to manual.

You might be best finding a NA, either Auto or Manual and converting to TT, probably the most cost effective option. Or as some have said try to locate a NA6.

That’s what I can imagine myself to be like - wishing I spent a bit more and got a manual.

These are the asking prices, not that many buyers about it seems, and not 100% surprised given the prices. Quite a lot of the same ones advertised from way before Christmas are still for sale. Brexit or prices reaching the level where only very die hard fans are entering into ownership.

Saying that yours is a very good example and if someone has seen average ones at high prices they may well pay top dollar for one like yours as repaint/refurbish costs aren't cheap!

I’m not surprised either.. look at R34’s .. yes there not as many but people are paying crazy prices for them.. can’t see Supra’s getting that high apart from very low mileage stock ones but won’t be long till there in the 40s I reckon

I wouldn’t let mine go no less for top dollar to be honest .. rather keep it then go cheap..

I think a lot more Supra owners will be more careful with them due to what there worth and how hard parts are getting for them now..

The TT6 will definitely exceed £35k easily imo.

Elite competitions bought mine and are currently selling tickets at only £28, not a bad way for somebody to get into cheap ownership for a highly modified beast with great future returns.

The TT6 will definitely exceed £35k easily imo.

Elite competitions bought mine and are currently selling tickets at only £28, not a bad way for somebody to get into cheap ownership for a highly modified beast with great future returns.

Couldn't agree more. I think they'll get to mid-high 40's in around 2 more years for cars with sub 100k on the odometer.

Last summer I distinctly remember there being the two white ones from Harlow Jap Imports and a random red one for sale in the 35k region, but that was pretty much it in terms of a factory VIN tag TT6. I just wanted a black one though. I was so desperate for an original TT6 that I upped my original budget of 23-25k right up to £35k. That's right....I would have paid £35k for the exact car that I ended up with....which thankfully for the sake of my marriage, wasn't £35k :trampoline:

Lol I got so frustrated with knowing that I had to spend up to £35k, that I then thought maybe I should just sell my M5 and use the additional funds to go right to an R34. But I think in the same week that I was seriously considering doing that, my one popped up and I nabbed it within a week or so (and the only reason it took a week was because I couldn't get the time away from work to view it).

Couldn't agree more. I think they'll get to mid-high 40's in around 2 more years for cars with sub 100k on the odometer.

Last summer I distinctly remember there being the two white ones from Harlow Jap Imports and a random red one for sale in the 35k region, but that was pretty much it in terms of a factory VIN tag TT6. I just wanted a black one though. I was so desperate for an original TT6 that I upped my original budget of 23-25k right up to £35k. That's right....I would have paid £35k for the exact car that I ended up with....which thankfully for the sake of my marriage, wasn't £35k :trampoline:

Lol I got so frustrated with knowing that I had to spend up to £35k, that I then thought maybe I should just sell my M5 and use the additional funds to go right to an R34. But I think in the same week that I was seriously considering doing that, my one popped up and I nabbed it within a week or so (and the only reason it took a week was because I couldn't get the time away from work to view it).

White low mileage one sold for £35k, Red TT6 sold for £33k. Both stunning cars

There definitely are some good buys out there, no doubt the prices are on the way up with no let up in sight. Although who know what will happen to the car market after the “b” word finally concludes.
I agree, that's what makes me think we're near the top peak.

I always wanted a semi stock black TT6, was looking since maybe Feb last year with a 30k budget, couldn't find anything. In the end i settled for a almost stock white one with low miles and i'm happy. At the end of the day a supra is going to be a great car to own no matter what the colour is.

FYI - I had been watching the japanese auctions every day for months and all the Grade 4 cars which were fairly stock were fetching almost 40k or some even above that (to the UK)