The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strange noise coming from engine suddenly

Fulcrum2000

Owwww shit I completely skimmed that and thought you meant crank pulleys lmao

Yes all 2JZGE 2JZGTE and both VVTI variants of the aforementioned have the same crank only the crank sprocket on the front of the engine was different Ie the VVTI one was single piece and the pre was not although they are both interchangeable.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking around for crank options can anyone confirm if the crank ever had a revision or is there literally only one 2JZ crank ever produced? I've found one in the UK and it seems to state its for 98-02 but not pre that?

Chris mentioned Before he has some Cranks lying around email him and price one.

Nope Nope Nope I wouldnt buy from a company like that it just screams issues...

Contact Chris or Buy a Known good 2JZGE block

Look at it man..... you dont want any of that

Business seller information

JHALUM AUTO SPARE PARTS TR.

GURJEET SINGH

UNIT 1-3, INDUSTRIAL AREA NO 03

69740 SHARJAH

United Arab Emirates

Nope Nope Nope I wouldnt buy from a company like that it just screams issues...

Contact Chris or Buy a Known good 2JZGE block

Look at it man..... you dont want any of that

Business seller information

JHALUM AUTO SPARE PARTS TR.

GURJEET SINGH

UNIT 1-3, INDUSTRIAL AREA NO 03

69740 SHARJAH

United Arab Emirates

Listen to what people are telling you Fulcrum2000, it doesn't seem to be going in. Ring Chris W and go from there.

Edited by and1c (see edit history)

Lincolnshire to Doncaster is an hour and a half or so, you could ask the ebay guy if you can come up and see him remove it, then you could see the bearing shells (and general state of the engine) and ensure it's treated like a baby for when you delivery it to the engine builders.

Or get one from Chris as he won't sell you a pup.

• 1 month later...

So as an update my block was rebored (it takes forever to get an engineering company to do that round here) and new pistons at plus one and all gubbins are here, only downside is we're waiting on a set of inlet valves which are the only remaining item left before y car can be fully rebuilt. So couple of questions:

1) what the hell is an inlet valve and why can we only get them from the USA now and are they expensive?

2) Has everyone heard about the new exhaust MOT rules that have just come into place, all third party exhausts (regardless of car age) are apparently going to be tested for Db and its a failure if they breach it. I have a 3 inch decat system going out to the wide blue yonder at 4 inches, am I liely to have a fail coming my way when I'm rebuilt and therefore need testing immediately

Intake valves should be available from the usual retailers on here (Whifbitz, SRD, TB Dev etc.). I can't comment on the price though as I'm not sure. The uprated, business end ones carry a hefty price tag. The Ferrea set are over £600.

That new exhaust rule sounds like garbage but what I would be worried about is the decat part. New MOT regs state you must have one present and visible on your car otherwise it's a straight fail. Emissions will probably be a fail as well so you'd either need to get a cat fitted for your MOT or find a friendly tester.

• 1 month later...

As an update, totally rebuilt, forged pistions plus point 5, and purring like a dream,you can just feel the smoothness now all that black death has been removed and the damage repaired. Cant go above 3000 rpm yet till the 500 mile run in is complete but then my hks is going up to 1.2 and it will be a super Supra. Thanks for all the support on here guys, if anyone is interested all in it cost about 4.5k for a full rebuild and forged parts. Well worth it.