The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra Project from N/A Auto to 1JZ/R154

edviss

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gearbox is full of fresh oil, radiator is bled, clutch pedal is all sorted, wiring is done for the alternator and some other smalls bits ,I am on the final stretch to finish off mechanical bits and go for a test drive :)

2JZ GE RPM Gauge does now work with 1JZ GTE because it has different voltage signal, to make this work couple of resistors needs to be bridged to change the voltage, it is very easy and quick job to get the RPM Gauge working in the original cluster :)

I have got super lucky to find Greddy Trust AIRNX twin induction kit that fits 1jz and 2jz gte engines, it was really easy to install it which removes all the air restrictions and makes the engine bay look nicer :) next step is getting that exhaust sorted so i can go for a test drive!

I have been following all your videos. Very impressive and a good account of whats needed to do the swap! Keep it up.

Thank you mate ! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Finally my car has an exhaust! with some modifications but i got it there! Really happy the way it looks and how it sounds. Maybe a little to quiet but its going to be more than enough :) 3inch from turbos all the way to the end with just a backbox.

Great write up. Always wondered how the downpipe would work out. I did a 3sge and 2zz on a sprinter trueno and without a speed signal they wouldnt make full power, id say if you get a speed signal to the ecu it'll run much better again!

Great work!

Great write up. Always wondered how the downpipe would work out. I did a 3sge and 2zz on a sprinter trueno and without a speed signal they wouldnt make full power, id say if you get a speed signal to the ecu it'll run much better again!

Great work!

I am installing W58 electronic speed sensor in my R154, thats what i have done for my Soarer and it works absolutely fine :)

did you use the soarer engine mounts? can I buy your old mounts from the 2jz ge? I need the brackets that bolt onto the engine. please pm me

My soarer mounts were absolutely dead in two pieces haha, so I have reused 2jz ge ones as they fit perfectly on a 1jz engine.

Sorry mate but I am not a fan of 1jz in a JZA80 car BUT on a HUGE side note, hell yeah, great vids man and commentary. This car suits everything you done to it. Thumbs up. Great to see another DIY guy doing vids on this. Must say the exhaust note and engine note with the upgrades in stages was awesome. I love the way the car pulls on the freeway even though speed was not showing but it looks fast for std engine with complementing mods. Keep it up. Love the color of the car as well. If you can, please inform me as to where you got the intake setup. I heard you said you bought it off some guy but thought maybe a shop or something.

Regards Khan

Sorry mate but I am not a fan of 1jz in a JZA80 car BUT on a HUGE side note, hell yeah, great vids man and commentary. This car suits everything you done to it. Thumbs up. Great to see another DIY guy doing vids on this. Must say the exhaust note and engine note with the upgrades in stages was awesome. I love the way the car pulls on the freeway even though speed was not showing but it looks fast for std engine with complementing mods. Keep it up. Love the color of the car as well. If you can, please inform me as to where you got the intake setup. I heard you said you bought it off some guy but thought maybe a shop or something.

Regards Khan

Thank you mate for watching! Of course I would love to go for 2jz but at the end of the day everything comes to the budget :)

Regarding the dual intake I have only seen one set for sale in US other than that i think most of them are custom made. I tried looking for a new set and there was none for sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Test fitted fibreglass Ridox sideskirts and OEM style spats, they actually fit very well for a copy, it was a good time to clean all the mud aswell :)

Thank you mate for watching! Of course I would love to go for 2jz but at the end of the day everything comes to the budget :)

Well said. Oh ok I see with regards to that intake system. In that case, take care of your health. Unless you intend selling it 2 years from now, please lemme know or I will ask you for the dimensions on it hopefully end of year or when my car is near running or complete condition. Once again keep it up.

P.S I like how you start the video of with your friends in it doing something or saying something. It just adds the spice to it in my books.

Regards

Hi mate I been watching your videos on YouTube

Very well done and informative. You have given me the inspiration to do mine. I however got a vvti soarer engine and loom. Would you know if the above links would be fine to use?

Thanks

Hi mate I been watching your videos on YouTube

Very well done and informative. You have given me the inspiration to do mine. I however got a vvti soarer engine and loom. Would you know if the above links would be fine to use?

Thanks

I believe its going to be very similar but not the same as VVTI engines are a bit more clever than the non vvti ones :)

I have just quickly googled and found this PDF file for VVTi pinout

http://tourerv.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=121449&d=1263902797

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...