The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How long before we use our cars on track days only?

herbiemercman

I agree with most of the comments,too many people,speed cameras,people crawling along afraid to overtake no matter how long the straight is creating wagon trains,i do take issue about the oldies comments however.Don't know what age you have to be to qualify but no doubt at nearly 70 i'm on the radar.My last track day at the end of last year, involved a Hurracan and a McLaren which I took great pleasure in roasting,i grew up with RS fords 3litre Capri's and Dolomite sprints before you young whippersnappers were born:D so just remember Oldies are not all the same:cool:

i grew up with RS fords 3litre Capri's and Dolomite sprints before you young whippersnappers were born:D so just remember Oldies are not all the same:cool:

I owned way back when a 3.0S Capri as a teenager, fantastic for handbrake turns and you didn't even need to use the hand brake. Cars like that taught you how to handle torque coupled to low grip and survive.

Track days will soon be off limits too because of noise limits! :(

This is one of the things about track days... restrictive and getting worse.. so the argument of take it to the track becomes even more void when you find you cant find a track to take the noise. I struggled with mine at one location and was on the limit and I had still have my cats in the car! probably get worse with electrics coming.. then it'll be silent cars only :D