The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Cat B Breaker Supra

chazuk

Ok being very optimistic....

Looking at the engine, whilst the green top cover has melted/burnt the little cam cover to cam cover breath pipe is intact? the impact is a side one and so the engine may well be salvageable? Steering rack and whole front subframe, diff probably ok if the rear arms bent to absorb the impact. If it has a getrag then that covers the cost and some.....presume the bidder went and looked beforehand!!

Well someone bought it :rlol:[ATTACH]225576[/ATTACH]

Perhaps it was on its way to High Wycombe? Look out for the £25,000, 40,000 mile one careful owner ad in the next couple of weeks.

I know nothing about write offs but if that is a cat B, I cannot imagine what a cat A looks like

The roof has been sliced off by the fire brigade to get whoever was in there out.

Not wishing to be morbid about it but as it caught fire, anybody still in it would have been burnt alive if they had survived the crash before the FB got there.

Cant see that anyone in the passenger side would have survived anyway.

In regards to people in it, I was always under the impression that if there are any fatalities in a car, the car regardless of state has to be crushed?

I might be making that up though, but I am sure it was mentioned on here before by Keron I think.

Its true, however if the passengers in the car didnt make it, theres always that chance they passed in hospital making the car non fatality at the scene :(

• 2 weeks later...