The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shawn's N/A Aerotop - Buffy

ShawnPreece

Front lip looks great. tempting to get one just for easier clearance

Cheers mate yeah because of using this Supra quite often that was my main trail of thought :)

Front lip really suits. I hate it sometimes that mine is just too low. Great car

Thankyou mate yeah im really happy with the car so far :)

I didn't know you could get different height front lips! That looks really good mate :thumbs:

Cheers Burna yeah the type 1 and type 2 (the standard polyurethane one and the one with ears) are the same height then this one (type 3) is a little less :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I put an OEM steering wheel back on :D

Also minor things but as the steering wheel that a previous owner had used didn't have a horn on they had routed to a button in the dash for it so I routed it back to the centre of the OEM steering wheel as it should be and also the indicators were slightly to one side (turning left you had to do a big turn and recenter for them to self cancel where as turning right you only had to change lane and they would self cancel coming back to centre) so iv now sorted this too :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=223969&stc=1&d=1512380090

11.jpg

• 4 months later...

Not done much of an update of Buffy lately as not really done a huge amount to her iv just been enjoying driving her :) However I have now got my private plate on her and took her over the Peak District on the weekend. Here’s a little picture update…

Firstly just a pic of me going onto my driveway showing why I chose the lower splitter that I did. It doesn’t actually touch the floor but you cant see much light through the gap lol, I just have to drive on really steady and I don’t need to use blocks of wood…

attachment.php?attachmentid=226674&stc=1&d=1524135103

I took off the old numberplate and added brackets within the mouth of the bumper to place my new numberplate on…

attachment.php?attachmentid=226675&stc=1&d=1524135103

Excuse how dirty the car is (she is cleaner now) but here she is with her new plates…

attachment.php?attachmentid=226676&stc=1&d=1524135103

attachment.php?attachmentid=226677&stc=1&d=1524135103

I installed CCTV on my driveway so I can keep an eye on her and Sally…

attachment.php?attachmentid=226678&stc=1&d=1524135103

attachment.php?attachmentid=226679&stc=1&d=1524135135

Some pics up over the Peak District and of some of the roads…

attachment.php?attachmentid=226680&stc=1&d=1524135135

attachment.php?attachmentid=226681&stc=1&d=1524135135

attachment.php?attachmentid=226682&stc=1&d=1524135135

attachment.php?attachmentid=226683&stc=1&d=1524135135

attachment.php?attachmentid=226684&stc=1&d=1524135166

My mate that came along took some pics and played around with editing and sent me these…

attachment.php?attachmentid=226685&stc=1&d=1524135166

attachment.php?attachmentid=226686&stc=1&d=1524135166

Short term plans are to take the bumper off and get the holes filled from where the old numberplate holder came off and get the whole bumper resprayed as you will also notice the paint missing on the sides whether it had the “Ear type” front splitter on before.

Longer term plans (when Sally is totally finished and nothing left to do) is to change the side skirts to probably OEM ones but still thinking of options and possibly a wheel change too.

Other than this I just want to enjoy driving the car :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.JPG

4.jpg

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.jpg

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

Edited by ShawnPreece (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

Been a long time since i’ve updated this and to be honest I have just been enjoying driving her so apart from keeping her a tidy example I’ve not got round to doing much to her in terms of modification... until now :) I’ve got a low mileage tidy vvti GTE engine to go into her which will be going small single on along with a V160, my aim with this build is to be as fast spooling as possible with power being around the 700bhp mark so with the vvti engine and looking at turbo choice of a precision 6062 gen II or a Garrett equivalent (future wise will build the bottom end to 3.4 aswell and supporting head work but not just yet) so that it should be a very practical street setup :)

Engines coming out this weekend so will update along the way :)