The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What colour is this supra ?

Tyson

A lot of the colours being guessed, weren't available for UK cars. Although I think there was a UK-spec 1A1 owned by a Mr Jim Bowen.

Did he not have a few, seem to remember a red one and a black one too? Think he sold the black one tho as he never drove it.

Basically stayed out of the black and into the red

• 3 years later...
8 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Just to provide closure to this topic, I managed to track down the owner and they have confirmed via the VIN plate that this left the factory as 202 black.

A green UK car never existed. Myth busted.

What about the brown uk spec woth the jdm optional boot visor? I remember it being on the forums and apparently was 1 of 1?

8 minutes ago, evinX said:

What about the brown uk spec woth the jdm optional boot visor? I remember it being on the forums and apparently was 1 of 1?

There are 4 Anthracite (1A1) cars, 3 autos and 1 Manual. I have confirmed via the VIN plate that the Manual car definitely left the factory as 1A1 and assume that the 3 autos also did but can't confirm.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 3:59 PM, Tyson said:

There are 4 Anthracite (1A1) cars, 3 autos and 1 Manual. I have confirmed via the VIN plate that the Manual car definitely left the factory as 1A1 and assume that the 3 autos also did but can't confirm.

Think i found your manual 1A1, looks like it stayed over in Japan in its early days. Who knows where it is now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXZg20qtvIM

6 hours ago, evinX said:

Think i found your manual 1A1, looks like it stayed over in Japan in its early days. Who knows where it is now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXZg20qtvIM

That's not a UK car, the seat heaters are blanked off. It currently is the only way to tell a UK RHD car from the other 50 or so cars that were sold in RHD UK Spec. The car is here and is a members, it has been sprayed red.

Link

Jewel green I guess.

People only ever add a front lip, add some wheels.

I mean I've never, ever seen a wide arch jewel green. Super uncommon to even see anyone put a body kit on one. Let alone side skirts.

Just seems a standard front end, maybe the odd bonnet, is the most people do when they own one. Which I find curious.

1 minute ago, Noz said:

Jewel green I guess.

People only ever add a front lip, add some wheels.

I mean I've never, ever seen a wide arch jewel green. Super uncommon to even see anyone put a body kit on one. Let alone side skirts.

Just seems a standard front end, maybe the odd bonnet, is the most people do when they own one. Which I find curious.

Probably people knowing that they are rare and that body modifications will hurt the resale value or at least narrow down their audience.

28 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Probably people knowing that they are rare and that body modifications will hurt the resale value or at least narrow down their audience.

I guess so. Just its such a nice colour, people seem to rape the RSP or Facelift grey with resprays. Maybe it's the aftermarket use of the colour that's uncommon.

I think it would make for a modern take on a wide setup. 

No one can copy me first!

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 4:26 PM, Noz said:

I guess so. Just its such a nice colour, people seem to rape the RSP or Facelift grey with resprays. Maybe it's the aftermarket use of the colour that's uncommon.

I think it would make for a modern take on a wide setup. 

No one can copy me first!

Doooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttt 😃