The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wish me luck - Mapping tomorrow!

Sheefa

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it'll be finished in morning as he has to pick kids up.

It got to over 650 fly and then stopped. All looking great though and engine strong and healthy which is a positive.

I have to say, ProTuner are amazing. I had the tiniest boost leak and they were like "No, it has to be rectified now before dyno".

No risks taken, a thorough job. Greg and Simon will turn the car away if anything needs doing that cant be rectified there guaranteed so be warned. Worth doing a boost leak test before you go to if you can.

You're in good hands though. They have a stellar reputation and Greg knows mapping inside out.

Sounding great greg, will they be pushing the power any further?
Thanks mate.

That's not the objective I've given Greg. I just said get it running spot on, sort out TC and see how we go. Even if it came in less than the 750rwhp before mate I wouldn't be disappointed if the car is running flawlessly. We all know big numbers are great but putting them down and true usability is a different matter.

650 at the wheels is the sweet spot for me.

Thanks mate.

That's not the objective I've given Greg. I just said get it running spot on, sort out TC and see how we go. Even if it came in less than the 750rwhp before mate I wouldn't be disappointed if the car is running flawlessly. We all know big numbers are great but putting them down and true usability is a different matter.

/QUOTE]

That is the best approach.

Thanks mate.

/QUOTE]

Congrats mate, 650 @ the wheels is loads of power lets be honest lol

What was the Issue with the TC in the end ?

Not finished yet gents! Greg does take his time to get it 100% right. Will be done by early afternoon and TC wasn't picking up wheel speed.

Greg said it'll break 800 fly on ethanol. The trouble is I still have this small 3" restriction where the titianium exhaust meets midpipe where as everything else is 3.5"-4" so I can't push for nore yet until that's resolved.

Thanks mate.

/QUOTE]

Awesome, exactly where mine is, feels great

Not finished yet gents! Greg does take his time to get it 100% right. Will be done by early afternoon and TC wasn't picking up wheel speed.

Greg said it'll break 800 fly on ethanol. The trouble is I still have this small 3" restriction where the titianium exhaust meets midpipe where as everything else is 3.5"-4" so I can't push for nore yet until that's resolved.

/QUOTE]

I thought Tim was sorting that restriction for you months ago?!

Update: One of the twin pumps had loads of dirt in it as filter came off. Frustrating but at least it's being sorted with new pump. One pump is good for circa 700 but need two for ethanol and want to push it properly. So I would imagine final dyno run is tomorrow.

At least the car will be back 100% which is all I want [emoji16]

Results are in!!!

Car made 750rwhp as per before on E42 (685rwhp on Vpower) at 2 bar. It would benefit from having that exhaust restriction removed, E85 and 1500cc injectors [emoji6]

However, I'm happy with a working car and 750rwhp right now [emoji16][emoji16]

Literally just picked the car up and absolutely staggered at the difference. It's so smooth and damn quick on spool. I'm over the moon with it now, can't praise Greg's work enough and thanks to Lee to for helping out on the TC front.

The idle is really nice too now as the Duty was out quite a bit and also the TPS sensor wasnt seated correctly which made idling a little erratic.

Fuel pump failure was due to filter coming off in tank and sucking up a bit of plastic which was left in tank from drilled hole apparently. Old pump totally FUBARd. New one fitted and twin pumps fuelling nicely.

Resolved my traction control issue which was due to someone wiring both of my speed inputs in the Syvecs ECU being wired to the front wheels only and not the rear! Pretty pointless traction control then. All nicely resolved now.

I was thinking that's me done but then Greg started talking about bigger 1500cc custom made Denso type injectors and E85 too for more power in Spring 2018. I said to him why would I want more power than the 750 I have already, he replied "Why not? What's wrong with you?" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji16]

He's a very good mapper and salesman. Looks like I might be back soon to max out the turbo and built engine..........

Greg