The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Less member's/visitor's

jonc

Having owned and therefore been a member of several "classic" single variety car forums I have watched a few die a slow death with very very little activity, I stopped using many of them other than for historic tech info, I have not felt the same way about this forum however, it is always responsive, has some really interesting and engaging members, has always been well run and organised and it is at times hilarious, yes it is much less active than it was but still a good forum and even as a none MKIV owner I will stay around for as long as the club exists

This....

This said, there are a lot of old members who posted a lot (their own cliche) which are now GtR owners and have moved to that site.

Think what you have to remember is

A) every year a new generation due to insurance or age can buy supras and with that inexperience often comes crashes.

B) they are old cars and a lot are rusting becoming unrepairable/scrapped.

These two factors mean every year fewer supras exist so fewer members sadly.

That has always been going on to some degree, the extra factor now in my opinion is the low import numbers to replace them, just less over time to export to us even if the demand was there but now they are very expensive relative to what the Uk market has had to pay in the past so IMO demand is low here too.

That has always been going on to some degree, the extra factor now in my opinion is the low import numbers to replace them, just less over time to export to us even if the demand was there but now they are very expensive relative to what the Uk market has had to pay in the past so IMO demand is low here too.

I think it's still cheaper compared to several years ago.

I got my NA manual for £6K and Suprasteveo got his NA aero for £9K 2 years prior.

Current prices are still cheaper for a complete car.

Parts however have sky rocketed

I think it's still cheaper compared to several years ago.

I got my NA manual for £6K and Suprasteveo got his NA aero for £9K 2 years prior.

Current prices are still cheaper for a complete car.

Parts however have sky rocketed

Agree, and I paid more for my first na in 95 than they can be bought for now, however it was an 8 year old car I was buying then, it would be a 20 year old car I was buying now.