My New Supra - Progress Thread

foggy147

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Small update, weather is absolutely sh*** as per but was determined to at least get something done. I have now replaced all the boot rubbers, top ones were a doddle but I have had a nightmare getting the bottom ones out! The usual rounded screw head, but finally managed it.

Before:

https://img2.brain4.photobox.com/491971091c97bbe98bfa24f043673ef90654e55a144b6ad462d9528cb95cc4ee2cb8efed.jpg

https://img2.brain4.photobox.com/298643849a44e337799501147305f4385ed82dc96e1af29bf5e04a22a2307f25426f677c.jpg

After:

New air filter:

Also cleared out the boot lid channels by taking lights off as they were filed with gunk. Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow to get the engine oil and filter changed.

Or you could just buy the Vibra-Technic engine mounts for facelift, no changing the brackets and known quality.

Hi Rob,

Think this is the route I am going to take, been reading lots of positive reviews on them and would rather make the job easier by just having to replace the mounts.

Can you link me to the correct ones, I have found these on ebay which are saying they are for the facelift but the Toyota number they say they are a replacement for do not seem to match:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Vibra-Technics-Road-Engine-Mount-For-Toyota-Supra-Mk4-2JZ-Facelift-95-2002-/141982506371?fits=Car+Make%3AToyota%7CModel%3ASupra&hash=item210ed11d83:g:MogAAOSw~oFXKvHy

Ended up buying a full set of pre facelift engine mounts from Keron. Figured to stick OEM and change for the stronger versions hopefully it won't need doing again for a long long time! Taking the car to Chris Wilson next week for service work and for him to fix the mounts.

Hi, do remember Glenn saying last year that he needed the arches rolled as the tyres were rubbing. I have a few videos of your new sup at meets with different wheels etc. When I get a chance I'll dig them out and send you them.I'll be following your journey as I near bought the car from the guy who owned it before Glenn 7 or 8 years ago but decided on an aero instead. Sometimes I regret it as it's colour is awsome. Best of luck with it m8:cool:

Hi sorry I missed this, that would be brill thank you.

It looks like the main metal body is sat on the 5-6mm thick triangular base when there should be clearance. On one of my old facelifts I gently jacked up on the sump and you could see the gap open back up. They are knackered and almost certainly the originals.

It looks like the main metal body is sat on the 5-6mm thick triangular base when there should be clearance. On one of my old facelifts I gently jacked up on the sump and you could see the gap open back up. They are knackered and almost certainly the originals.

Not good that it needs doing but good in the fact that getting them changed should hopefully cure my vibrations!

I'm taking the car to Chris Wilson and leaving it with him to do the job along with some service work and just a general check over the car. He's not exactly local but feel that it would be worth it being in such good hands!