My New Supra - Progress Thread

foggy147

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very shiny. Enjoy it, because it looks like it will be ripped off before too long, that exhaust is LOW.... Tanabe Medallion Touring will show how a

decent system should fit ;) And it won't make driving the car feel like sitting in an echo chamber.

:)

Sorry say that again I can't hear you? ;)

Yeah will keep my eyes open, not on the high priority list just yet but do want it changing eventually to a more refined system

Car booked in to JR classics in Doncaster on the 3rd June for rust proofing/undersealed using Bilt Hamber products. Going to leave it there for a week for a proper job.

Also might have some bodywork chips etc sorted dependent on cost. For now though very much looking forward to having the underside sorted for extra peace of mind!

Well over the past week I've been working through getting the rear side of my car cleaned properly whilst the weather has been lovely.

My aim was to just get the rear axle section sorted and tidied, so I went to Frost in Warrington and bought some Dinitrol rust convertor and undersealed paint along with some POR15 rust over paint. I know how good this stuff is because we have used it on our z31 build and how this stuff dries is crazy, we took a chisel and hammer to it and wouldn't even leave a mark!!

First job was cleaning, spent time with a wire brush getting as much loose rust off as possible, and then hit with the POR15 degreaser, properly rinsed off and left to dry all week.

Once all this was dry I went over everything with the dinitrol rust convertor, left overnight to eat in as much as possible. After that I went over as much as I could with the POR15 rust over paint, again left to dry over night and then today I booked in to a local self DIY garage to finish of with some underseal. It is a ball ache if a job and would definitely recommend paying someone to do it. I was going to take it to JR classics next week but he would of had to keep the car till September until he could even start it so pointless. Next will be to box of the front section and leave it at that, was good to get it on the Ramos and see underneath as it was better than expected for what is a 20 year old car! Any here's some pics of before and after and a lil video. Again showing the genuine condition of the car ( sills are fooked as I've stated before from poor jacking but one day do plan to get these straightened properly).

Before anything

After POR15

After Dinitrol undersealed

Front section, not in bad condition

It always looks worse than it actually is everything was solid and after a bit wire brushing it looked 10 x better. Feel better having done the back as the front doesn't have much sign of corrosion anyway , just gotta keep on top of it now.

You don't get much better than Por15 pal :thumbs: Top effort!

i did mine a few weeks back, great stuff. Hope you didn't get it on your skin!

You're missing a diff bush you know?

Your right I never even clocked that!! How easy would this be to fit? I wouldn't have to be removing the sub frame would I to get this fitted?

POR15 is fantastic stuff, like I say we have used on the Nissan Z31 project car and it's extremely durable stuff. But yeah I have got it all over my arms lol, even a bit on my face that won't come off.

Edited by foggy147 (see edit history)

Spent all day getting passenger side rear arch sorted out, only 3 more to go!!!

Started by concentrating on making sure the arch lip was free from crud, a fair amount of crap came out of there! Its such a messy horrible job and I cannot wait to just get it done , but feels good knowing that chances are it's never been done before so a damn good clean out will do it no harm! Tomorrow will try and tackle the other side.

The fronts are so much better than the back so I may end up just stone chipping the front arms as don't feel they need the extent of POR15. The back end obviously gets more crapped kicked up from the road.

What they looked like after some POR15 degreasing :

After new undersealed:

Edited by foggy147 (see edit history)

Love the changes your making! Those jr wheels look sooo much better! Love the look of that exhaust too!

Cheers pal, you certainly have a gorgeous car as well!!

Currently just waiting for the degreaser on the drivers side rear now to work it's magic!