The mkiv Supra Owners Club

matt hands

do they come stock with flappy paddle?

Nope. NA's don't neither do TT's. Pre-facelift TT can be done with a kit, facelift can be done by adding a steering wheel with flappy paddles and wiring it up yourself buying paddles from another car and adding them to a Celica wheel.

E2A

VVT-i Tiptronic Paddle Shift Conversion here. Only possible on the Tiptronic Supras.

Supra Stick Paddle Conversion here. Would recommend this route for an NA.

Whifbitz Paddleshift Conversion Via Syvecs here. Can be done on any auto Supra but overkill on an NA.

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Links added. (see edit history)

I think the manual vs auto thing can be an age/natural bias thing.

When I got my first Supra I was in my twenties and wanted manual only, and my first three were manuals, I only went auto when i bought an aerotop (these are only auto from the factory) and the best thing I can say is I never complained about it (which is more of a compliment than it may at first seem) and had auto's after this and have an auto now (43 now!)

Saying that there are limitations to what an auto can do but these are really limited to 'antics' doughnuts, t junction pull away drifting, hardcore track work and high power. I say try a few you may be surprised, but also don't be afraid to stick to your guns and try and get the exact car you want.

im still trying to find a manual but it was good to here about what people think about the autos

When I first bought mine there was quite a bit of choice but these days nice ones seem to be few and far between. Don't be tempted buy the first one you see always be willing to walk away. Best bit of advice I got !

:welcome: to the club Matt! Good luck with your search, having owned both a manual and auto the best advice like people have said is get out for a ride in both if you can, both are amazing in their own right so don't discount one or the other just yet, go to a meet and see some local members who will no doubt be happy to oblige :)

Guest fabfahad

Hi guys, I'm a new member looking for a Supra. I was going to buy one on the weekend but the seller reneged on my deal. Will appreciate any help, thanks