The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1A1 NA aerotop

supra_jms

Any member willing to help me out? I'll pay traveling costs. Please someone?I'll pick the car up from anywhere in the country plus the helping member can use the car till I get there.

Club spirit needed from an international member please

Any member willing to help me out? I'll pay traveling costs. Please someone?I'll pick the car up from anywhere in the country plus the helping member can use the car till I get there.

Club spirit needed from an international member please

/QUOTE]

That is a very big favour to ask.

While people would probably love to help (myself included), there are all sorts of issues which would need sorting.

Fuel, insurance, and road tax costs in the UK are very expensive. Are you happy to have this car parked out in the open? A lot of people here only have on street parking, so what would happen if the car got damaged? Claiming on insurance for repair would end up costing the person helping you out a fortune in increased insurance premiums.

With all the club spirit in the world, it's not really fair to expect someone you've never met to shoulder all that responsibility.

I would contact a car storage firm, like the ones listed in your other thread, and speak to them about collecting it. At least a proper business should have correct insurance and secure storage.

Silverstone car storage who i posted the link too offer a collection service

Failing that i could get the car to Birmingham on a recovery truck and park it on my drive but it would be uninsured, i've tried

to get some short term ins quotes for it but no one wants to quote it for some reason.

I'd guess the recovery would cost around £200 from the Berkshire area to my place

It would be pretty safe but i'd take no responsibility if something should happen to it

Dnk and al thank you yes I am dead serious. Flights are booked. Visa will be ready next week. If either of you guys can pm me no problem. I do not expect you guys to take responsibility for the car. Just need a place to store until I get there.

Dnk and al thank you yes I am dead serious. Flights are booked. Visa will be ready next week. If either of you guys can pm me no problem. I do not expect you guys to take responsibility for the car. Just need a place to store until I get there.

/QUOTE]

Whats your plan when you get here ? are you leaving the car in the UK ? If you are going to store it here

it would make sense to get it taken straight to a storage facility rather than waste money moving it from the sellers

address to me then again to somewhere else.

I found this place in Berkshire http://beechhillgarage.com/2014/11/22/classic-car-storage-at-beech-hill-garage/

Sadly they are full but offer a collection service, secure storage, insured for £95 pcm inc vat

They have given me another place to try not far from where they are based

I called http://www.rtcc.co.uk/contact but they are also full

If you'd prefer it stored indoors till you get here I could put it in my barn pending collection or onward movement to anywhere else. The recovery Dnk quoted at £200 wouldn't be affected much as we aren't that far apart, though weight might be a problem for that recovery option? There is a full rise 2 poster here as well so you could have a poke around underneath if you felt the need or urge to. Happy to store FOC if only for a short while. Anything above two or three weeks and I'd need to charge storage. Best airport to fly into would be Manchester rather than one of the London airports.

Guys thanks for all the recommendations. I will pm all during the course of this weekend. Supra_jms as you can see the deal can happen with me. Is there any reason you do not want to sell to me?

/QUOTE]

Hi Zaheer...if you get stuck you could always have the car delivered to me and she could stay on my drive no problem at all ...I'm in the middle of nowhere behind entry gates and have CCTV everywhere so shouldn't be a problem ...I am also around 15mins from Gatwick so if you needed picking up from the airport then again no problem at all ....Good Luck with it all ..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.