The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Toy, JZX90 Toyota Chaser, Tourer V

Richie_k83

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There appears to be a full set with tyres on Driftworks at the moment mate.

A member by the name of JOSHLAKE is selling them, refreshed the advert a few hours ago.

edit: sorry mate, I may have misread the last posting. But he may still be worth a shout.

I bought the car off Josh lol

Broke out the metal polish today. All seems to be cleaning up nicely

:)

Top mounts are mullered, looks like they alloy has started to seperate on the top plates.

Fortunately, I can unbolt everything from them and tap the studs out.

I just need to find someone to provide the correct thickness and diameter plates, then I can drill, machine and anodize them back to the same colour...

Just a 6mm thick piece of round alloy with a 140mm diameter.. lol

/CENTER]

Edited by Richie_k83 (see edit history)

New Spring Platforms landed today, along with the Locking rings and adjusting tools.

The old platforms were seized onto the struts and were chewed up too, fortunately the new Hipermax III parts are a direct fit :)

Not as nice looking as the Purple, but so long as they work...! :)

/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Havent really done much... Most of the Coilover seals landed recently, so have begun piecing those back together. Ordered some Bride Mats and also decided to go manual, so currently sourcing parts to do that in the future.

I have opted to go for a BMW conversion, since the R154's are hard to come by and people want retarded money for a 20+ year old box, I just cant justify it.... and seeing as I still want to drift it at some point, it just makes sense to opt for a cheaper and easy to source gearbox.

So, I now have my Clutch Pedal and Master Cylinder fitted, just need to trim down the Brake Pedal and fit the Rubber. I did the same thing on my Supra and worked a treat :)

18581468_10212720472797131_1643626729725862867_n.jpg

I also have Hel Performance making up a custom Clutch hose to fit the Toyota Master Cylinder and BMW Slave Cylinder.

All that leaves me to get now is the ABC Conversion Kit, 2JZ starter motor, Flywheel Bolts, Oil, BMW Gearbox with Shifter and prop, then I need the BMW front Prop flange fitting to the Toyota prop (cut & Shut Jobbie)

Much excite!

18721090_10155561223422262_1276251853_o.jpg

Could you document the BMW conversion closely perhaps even videoing it as seems loads of people are looking to do this swap as you say it seems to be more affordable option compared to the prices of the v16* and R154 boxes.

how are you dealing with the speedo stuff as thats something people ask when doing this conversion as it isnt a standard plug and play.

looks great :) looking forward to more updates on this one :)

I can re gas with nitrogen, both the Schraedar valve type like you have, and the ones that use a membrane valve that fill with a huge hypodermic needle. I just MIGHT have some good top mount plates... I also have a full set of HKS coil overs that are cosmetically not brilliant but functioned fine when removed, for sale.

Could you document the BMW conversion closely perhaps even videoing it as seems loads of people are looking to do this swap as you say it seems to be more affordable option compared to the prices of the v16* and R154 boxes.

how are you dealing with the speedo stuff as thats something people ask when doing this conversion as it isnt a standard plug and play.

looks great :) looking forward to more updates on this one :)

Will do, for sure. But not going to be for a while though lol.

Speedo, i'm not sure, i haven't looked into that just yet but i know a guy who has done a few Soarer conversions.

I can re gas with nitrogen, both the Schraedar valve type like you have, and the ones that use a membrane valve that fill with a huge hypodermic needle. I just MIGHT have some good top mount plates... I also have a full set of HKS coil overs that are cosmetically not brilliant but functioned fine when removed, for sale.

I havent forgotten you Chris, just need to sort the Wiper seals out for the struts and confirm the oil capacity with HKS. The capacity they gave me doesnt seem near enough and i cant remember if it was just a case of filling it to the top so theres no room left for any air pockets....

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I have posted, but haven't really done anything. Just enjoying the car as she is, although i do miss the Supra's Curves...!

Noticed a few weeks back that Bride Japan offer floor Mats for a few cars, including my JZX90, so promptly ordered the fronts to replace the stained and dirty old ones. Not cheap for what they are, but I love them.

Just need a decent Stereo/Satnav unit and a dark Wood Nardi Steering wheel to finish it off inside :)

Along side the mats, I decided to give her a clean, I haven't bothered in a good 2-3 Months and I have been doing welding on our Camper near the car too. All that dust and grime led me to clay the paint and polish it up. Now looks better than ever... :)

Had to take a few snaps at work yesterday lol

imageimageimage

/CENTER]

• 4 weeks later...

Finally dusted the Coilovers off, been sat in the shed forever and a day it seems.

I managed to tracked down some more seals, so promptly got to work on them.

All rebuilt and looking awesome! :)

All that is left to do now is re-gas them and hope they done leak. Then build up the top mounts and change out the lower bushes.

I have also been looking into some Modular Steel Wheels for when the ride height is brought down.

I ordered one to test fit, so bashed a Rays Valve in there and an Advan Tyre on it.

Not to everyones taste, but I think the look cool

Just need to get some decent wheel nuts, hub rings and paint the centre hubs.

Will have the other wheels and tyres bought up soon.

I have also just ordered a nice HKS Hi-Power 409 Exhaust. that should be with me in a couple of months. Cant wait!

Lovin the wheel choice Richie.

Very "cop car"

Where'd you get them, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm unsure if its the style I want to go for to be honest.

Cant help but feel it needs something more JDM, some nice Rays or summat.

Got this wheel off eBay for £50 delivered