The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 2017 Club Stand - 31st August to 3rd September Peterborough Arena!

Al Massey

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

My wife and I came to the Jap Performance Show to see you all on the club stand, and Girth45 recommended coming to JAE. Had a look at the entry details and it says that day visitors on the Saturday are not allowed on car club stands. I've messaged John at JAE with the below query about that; just wondered if any of you guys would know...

Hi John,

I am a member of the MkIV Supra Owners Club, but not a full ‘paid up’ member as I don’t have one yet.

My wife and I are looking at coming to JAE on Saturday specifically to visit the club stand and chat to the guys there etc etc. We went to the Jap Performance Show at Stoneleigh Park a couple of weeks ago for the same reason (and got told to come along to JAE). I noticed on the Entry Info that day visitors on the Saturday are not allowed on car club stands. I’m not totally sure what this means. Can we visit the stand, spend the day (or some of it) hanging out with the club folks chatting Supras, or would we not be allowed to do that? We are not in a Japanese car so I appreciate that we will be parking in the general parking – it’s just not clear what the extent of the restriction is.

If you could clarify, that would be fantastic, as we are looking forward to coming along.

Kind regards,

David Munslow

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi all,

My wife and I came to the Jap Performance Show to see you all on the club stand, and Girth45 recommended coming to JAE. Had a look at the entry details and it says that day visitors on the Saturday are not allowed on car club stands. I've messaged John at JAE with the below query about that; just wondered if any of you guys would know...

Hi John,

I am a member of the MkIV Supra Owners Club, but not a full ‘paid up’ member as I don’t have one yet.

My wife and I are looking at coming to JAE on Saturday specifically to visit the club stand and chat to the guys there etc etc. We went to the Jap Performance Show at Stoneleigh Park a couple of weeks ago for the same reason (and got told to come along to JAE). I noticed on the Entry Info that day visitors on the Saturday are not allowed on car club stands. I’m not totally sure what this means. Can we visit the stand, spend the day (or some of it) hanging out with the club folks chatting Supras, or would we not be allowed to do that? We are not in a Japanese car so I appreciate that we will be parking in the general parking – it’s just not clear what the extent of the restriction is.

If you could clarify, that would be fantastic, as we are looking forward to coming along.

Kind regards,

David Munslow

Don't think you can put a car on club stand. what car will you be coming in.

Hi all,

Hi John,

Kind regards,

David Munslow

Hi

All it means that any cars Japanese or otherwise will not be able to park on the club stands on the Saturday. You will only be able to park in the general parking.

You are more than welcome to spend the day with the club, bring a couple of camping chairs, drinks and food (or you can purchase food at the show) and talk the day away about Supra's. There is no restriction on this!

I hope this clarifies your query? And we look forward to seeing you Saturday [emoji6]

Massive thank you and congratulations to everyone who attended the event, participated in the JAE IKO events and all those screamed and shouted support at those events.

Because of all your hard work, we won the Tug of war and came joint first in the whole IKO event.

Came second in several of the competitions, so not bad considering it was a last minute sign up.

Another thank you to everyone as we won best club stand.

Massive shout out to Konrad and his boy Simon.

Looking amazing in the cosplay representing the club for most of the day!!!

And winning a trophy too.

Gary England won the Co-ord Sport sponsored best overall supra competition.

Elliott won the Opie Oils sponsored GT5 fastest lap.

And Axl "won" the Japanese's performance magazines :)

Absolutely awesome weekend.

I've gone a little over budget with the funds this year :(

Around £150 and we didn't pay for the trailer fridge this year, but we did buy the new lights and the games etc so it may balance out...... a little.

Will need to speak to branners.

So will look into costs for next year.

Again massive thank you to everyone that came, especially to all the chefs and helpers.

We wouldn't have been fed if it wasn't for you.

I'll be doing a feedback thread tomorrow with a few points and would like all your input on the stand and the events and hopefully make next year bigger and better :)

IMG_1413.JPG

IMG_1415.JPG

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

Top weekend brilliant event and totally amazing people this is why I love this club :)

Really appreciate your hard work on this event allan and to and to the participants in the iko I love you all because Karrie has shouted so much supporting you she has now lost her voice I shall be basking in glorious peace for the next few days ;)

Counting down to the next jae already :)

Excellent weekend and thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome!

I will attend more events from now on!

Excellently organised and great food to so again faultless and people really do deserve a big shout on that one👍

I must remember a plate, knife & fork and a large mug for my tea intake next time😂

I hope everyone had a great journey home.

Regards

Mark