The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Over priced auto?

HELLBOY666

This car was advertised last week on the facebook sales page for £25k

It was then deleted i think because afew things seemed to come to light.

1) all that kit and yet its being controlled by a Greddy emanage.. nothing particularly 'wrong' with that except hes asking 25k for it!

2) the turbo kit was fitted in 2002 yet the way the advert is written it seems to suggest everything is new.

3) the shell is a cat C write off

4) the SRD oil coolers are stated to be new yet a previous owner commented saying he'd had them fitted during his ownership which was 2 years ago.

All of this was written in the comments on the sales post by previous owners which subsequently seemed to be deleted soon after.

Not trying to piss on anyones sales post here but if anyone does see this car and considers purchasing it then they are things you should probably be aware of.

That was mine from 2003 to 2011...I put the single kit, race logic and boost control/power meter on her in 2005.

After I sold it, it went through various hands and some where along the line was accident damaged (again) - it was a cat d when I bought it in 2003, due to wing, bumper and retractable front spoiler damage.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/toyota-supra-rz-gte-1993/6778580

I remember a few years ago there was a very similar spec black single turbo auto for sale on here, was either cat C or D, but it has a Stillen front bumper. It was only £4500 and took a while to sell.

Wonder if it's the same car?

I'd say it's overpriced, even now, as it's not a great spec.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/toyota-supra-rz-gte-1993/6778580

I remember a few years ago there was a very similar spec black single turbo auto for sale on here, was either cat C or D, but it has a Stillen front bumper. It was only £4500 and took a while to sell.

I remember the car your thinking of and it is not this one.

I kept a rough track after selling it, as you do, then a few years later on the front bumper (was Top Secret), intercooler (was a Greddy 3 row) and the brand new oem radiator I put on shortly before selling, were all changed.

Stranger still it turned back up in the next town to me, after travelling half way across the country...apparently an American forces guy did an exchange for his R32 GTR and wanted to join up at a local meet a few of us attend. I never got a chance to see it in person though as he had running issues with it so went and got his old car back...small world, eh.

Thats my car now mate. Was that price for a reason.......its had alot of work lol but its right now! A hell of alot of cosmetic and mechanical fixing!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.