The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Choosing the right car

Supra_cooper

Ouch! :) And I thought I was forthright..... ;)

Don't hold back Marc :D

I think others have pretty much hit the head on the nail, unless money is no object then find an aero top and start with that... the other option is you contact an owner who has an aerotop and wave some cash in front of them.

I know Ibrar was thinking of selling his red beast, which is one of the best in the world and he wasn't even asking much for it!!

Just another victim of my brutal and sweeping generalisations, I probably just need a Snickers :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Bignum will take up that challenge, that would be an awesome thing to watch :cool:

Bar BigNum, his on another level!!

Just another victim of my brutal and sweeping generalisations, I probably just need a Snickers :D

:D

Ok with 90% of you saying 600-700bhp I think that's what I'll go for if 1000bhp isn't going to be drivable.

What is that power like in an areo top because all I keep reading is with the roof off there really flexible.

I would just do what you want to do. You can always build 1000hp supra then run it on pump fuel if you want less power or run less boost. The turbos are not laggy now so that's rubbish. Also some people say you can't get traction but then they want the fastest spooling turbo and don't realise that is going to cause traction issues too ;) if you have the money to set the car up with the best parts then why not.

Ok with 90% of you saying 600-700bhp I think that's what I'll go for if 1000bhp isn't going to be drivable.

What is that power like in an areo top because all I keep reading is with the roof off there really flexible.

Yes they are. But at 600 you should be fine.

Braces are an option if you can find one

http://www.rx7club.com/attachments/2nd-generation-specific-1986-1992-17/372056d1262940697-brace-bar-doluck.jpg

Edited by The Raven (see edit history)