The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged

Ian C

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....and whatever you do DO NOT search for 'Spires Jaguar XKR Active Exhaust' on YouTube....

:innocent:

Oh god. That's the sound of V8 angels :drool: But seems a bit full-on for normal driving, would the "active" part mean by any chance that you can dial it down a notch under normal circumstances :D edit - oh god it does, thank you for putting additional lust into my head

....and whatever you do DO NOT search for 'Spires Jaguar XKR Active Exhaust' on YouTube....

:innocent:

If you do take a look at the Spires XKR Active exhaust , the car on YouTube and the other various clips, is the very car I bought 5 weeks ago . And its an XK / RS . I have a full serving history, along with the original bill of sale .It was first registered on a private plate 1000MS in September 2008 , but the extra bits that were added later in order to get it around the Nerburgring as rapid as possible , made it a very special motor regarding the Spires promotion of their Jaguar parts business .

Meh, it's so very much not an old man's car, it's like the Mk5 Supra that never was :p

I am seriously thinking about one of these! Looked at the F type but the practically on the convertible is awful where as the XK is very good! Plus I'm missing my old XFR.

This is the sort of thing I want:-

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603172043400?sort=default&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&maximum-mileage=up_to_60000_miles&search-target=usedcars&body-type=coupe&radius=1501&page=2&searchcontext=default&minimum-badge-engine-size=5.0&model=xkr&maximum-age=up_to_10_years_old&make=jaguar&colour=black&postcode=pr76fu&logcode=p

Not sure if it me but now they've lost most of there value the prices seem to have stabilized which would be great if it doesn't loose all its value lol

Need to drive one and see how different it drives as the XFR was fantastic!

Yeah it's a really tasty car and incredibly good value for money! :) I want a convertible as I've never had one before, and I won't be needing a car for practical purposes any more, so figured one of these would be nice. I would of course have to sell my Supra first, which is going to be heartbreaking, but it might actually finally be time to move on...

I am seriously thinking about one of these! Looked at the F type but the practically on the convertible is awful where as the XK is very good! Plus I'm missing my old XFR.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603172043400

Not sure if it me but now they've lost most of there value the prices seem to have stabilized which would be great if it doesn't loose all its value lol

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603172043400

Do it Do it Do it :D

Jesus. I wish you two would f*ck off...!!

Well at least I have to sell one to help pay for the next ;)

Like a normal person then Ian? Sorry for the thread hijack.

These are a beautiful machine and compared to its predecessor, very reliable from what I can gather. Rob does a lot of research before purchase so if it was good enough for him, it would be for me.

H.

It's not really a driver's car. More of a wafty GT. The front end feels pretty disconnected and the engine is a bit mental. I wouldn't want one with stiff suspension either - the XKR-S was rubbish for exactly that reason.

I'm old now, I want a wafty GT :) I've never been one for mentalling round bends, I feel too mortal!